x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

perazz Page Icon Posted 2006-07-18 11:11 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi!
I would like to develop a Vodafone unbranding package for the bSquare power handheld ;
and, I need access to some files which are in rom (especially mphshell.dll, morpheus.exe, etc.).
So I've tried to dump the rom with the utilities developed by the xda developers, but without success.
Has anyone experience in it? Did someone succeed in dumping the rom?

I've found in some forums that another procedure consists in hard resetting the device with an empty sd inserted: it should go into "serial" mode, capable to communicate with the pc via the serial cable, and then - sending the "d2s" command - it should start writing the rom to the card.
But, before hard resetting my phh, I'd like to know if someone has already tried !

Cheers,
Fede
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-18 3:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi, if you give me an ftp address or something i can send you the extracted rom.

the method you've described sounds real interesting. where did you read about it? erm, do i have a serial cable for it at all.. i never really used the docking stations i have (i have one spare that i'm selling!)
 Top of the page
perazz Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 9:13 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex - 2006-07-18 9:13 PM

hi, if you give me an ftp address or something i can send you the extracted rom.

I've sent you a PM, thanks!

the method you've described sounds real interesting. where did you read about it? erm, do i have a serial cable for it at all.. i never really used the docking stations i have (i have one spare that i'm selling!)

I've found on many forums that the most bootloaders support this serial mode, but I don't know if it works on the phh's one! Really do you use a serial cable? It's very interesting ! did you build it? how did you do?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 10:07 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi, got PM, will upload stuff in the evening.

i dunno about the bootloader, do you have a serial cable? i think i only have usb. but yes bootloaders often prefer serial
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 2:34 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

cmonex: my cradle is broken (the arm and the holder have parted company, taking the wires with them. If you still have a spare, how much would you want for it (im in the Netherlands). Alternatively, how did you wire up a USB connection?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 8:22 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi, i'll send you a PM about the details on the cradle!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10