x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help: on-off button mod. turn off screen only

Jason
Jason Page Icon Posted 2006-07-18 5:53 PM
#
I'm looking for a way to turn off the screen on the J720 (like the on-off button) but not lower the CPU speed and not turn off PCMCIA, etc. Could I modify the on-off button to only turn off the screen and nothing else?

Is there source for the on-off functionality available? if so, where can I find that?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2006-07-18 8:39 PM
#
H/PC Elite

This may or may not be useful info, but if you are using 720degrees the screen automatically gets shut off at around 3 minutes of inactivity. So just dont touch anything and wait. Works in both console and X.
 Top of the page
Jason
Jason Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 12:42 AM
#
Yeah, I see that but the backlight is still on. I really want to turn the backlight off.

Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 1:19 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Since when? I only see the screen go blank with the cheap dstn black, but never off completely. Why does nothing ever work for me?!

Anyways, I would like to put a script together to shut off the screen with a hotkey, just like in CE. But I need to find what command is used to do that, first.
 Top of the page
Jason
Jason Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 7:22 PM
#
I was looking at the source today and I found references to turning the screen off in j720_config.c and in the epson screen driver code too.

There is a function jornada720_powersave(int) in j720_config.c that might do the trick but I don't know how to accesss that code without installing the kernel sources, etc.

Any ideas?

Also, there is a hotkey handler in there for the on-off button functionality. worth a look.

You can get the sources from http://radiolivre.org/darksnow/jornada/kernel/4/
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 8:58 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I have a couple, but need some time to try some things out myself.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 8:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Seems like it would be pretty simple to insert a SPST switch in series with one of the power lines to the CFCL lamp...on/off, that's it. Now finding a place to mount the switch would be the toughie....

Rich
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 7:36 PM
#
H/PC Elder

The code is already done for us in the timed-blanking for kdrive somewhere. Probably in the ipaq_3600 (or 3200?) driver file. I just can't play with it right now.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8