x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

It's finally happened... a VGA PPC with keyboard!

takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 2:49 AM
#
H/PC Elder

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Hitachi_Announces_FLORA-ie_MX1

Like it says, it's basically a Sharp Zaurus SL-6000 with Windows Mobile instead of Linux.

Don't worry, I'm not converted... yet. The only problem with it is the keyboard is designed for use in portrait mode. Just like the iPAQ 4350, except this keyboard is retractable.

If it was in landscape mode, like the Sony Clie UX50, or the Samsung Nexio, BUT running Windows Mobile and VGA... that could be enough to push me over... could be...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 7:46 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

When I first saw that, I thought it was a Sharp Zaurus.... but it was a Hitachi PDA and I was surprised!

My server's finally temporarily online @ http://ppctweakies.stingraze.net (will change address maybe) and prolly it will be lucky if you see it 'cause I'm planning to not run it 24/7 like I used to.

Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 9:08 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hmm.

There are some much better suited things in the Zaurus range to use as a base - the new 4GB Sharp Zaurus SL-C3000 looks a stunning piece of kit... TBH, even without WinCE, it looks tempting. After all the linux community couldn't shaft the form factor as comprehensively as MS have done, could they?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 10:23 AM
#
H/PC Elder

yeah, the Sharp handhelds are pretty impressive I must say, and was on my potential list. Too bad, it has a steep price still ...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 4:28 PM
#
H/PC Elder

takwu - 2005-02-01 11:49 PM
If it was in landscape mode, like the Sony Clie UX50, or the Samsung Nexio, BUT running Windows Mobile and VGA... that could be enough to push me over... could be...

Another day, another wish come true:
http://www.brighthand.com/article/T-Mobile_Germany_Announces_MDA_IV?site=PPC

Now I wouldn't want to hold that against my face and listen and talk to it. But if that ever comes out, I bet you a buck there will be a PDA-only version (non phone) around the corner. Remember the no phone Treo?

And then it will be a matter of time before I can afford one.

And then a new Mobile Pro that runs a version of CE 5 that can use all PPC apps will come out.

And then... I better stop predicting the future
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 7:11 PM
#
H/PC Elder

And then ... the cows came running home ... hehehe

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11