x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Are there any PC Card USB for Handheld PC?

1 2
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-04 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Gee Stingraze, no worries. Like Chris said, its alright. And besides, sometimes asking the same question at a different time can bring up vastly different answers!

I also find this forum very friendly and healthy! We dun get flamers etc ... gosh I said that word!! flamers!! *gulp* ... I said it again!! hehehe
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-04 7:08 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Who's Sean? A dog? Yes I do like to point out that the admins actually POST..as in they answer questions....a.k.a they help out....heh has anyone been to a large forum lately? To avoid death threats from them I will not mention their names. This is a great site - it does look very nice - and much time has been spent on it. Many forums go off the base MegaBBS software, or something similar, and they don't run as well. A customized forum really helps out the whole point of it.

Now in reply to the thread itself , some devices do not require the full 500mA, correct? I highly doubt that a usb pen drive would need that much to operate, and as I have run devices off of a 4-port hub with no external power supply, and they still functioned, then that would mean that a pen drive, and various other devices like joysticks, only require 125mA?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-04 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeap! You are right, a lot of device do not need more than 500mA ... actually, some good engineering will keep most devices low ... but good engineering do not come cheap these days.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-04 7:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

"Who's Sean" O.O "Who's Sean" O.O

*sigh*
I miss Sean.

He's one of the guys that we founded HPC:Factor with. He needs to get himself onto the forums, he's a knowledgeable user.
You can email him off of the contacts page to nag hint

I remember in the eraly days of USB when everything came labelled as requiring a powered hub / socket or not.
These days everyone just yanks them in and out of their systems like it's fashionable
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 10:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2005-02-04 4:42 PM
These days everyone just yanks them in and out of their systems like it's fashionable

I think I found my signature!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 10:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ROFL, someone might take that to mean something it doesn't

Go For it I say

tehe
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

test...
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 11:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hey guys, if any of you lives in USA, Europe or any area where you can get this i suggest you give it a try. this product is a USB CF host card. i believe it could be useful for all of us who don't have a USB port built-in. the url is
http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/products/subpages/cfu1u.html
they say in the page that it can't be used with pcmcia adapter in big windows versions (regular PC ones), but they do have drivers for PPC2002, so i don't see why couldn't it be used in an HPC with a pcmcia adapter. and other good point is that the usb controller chip has free (as in beer) drivers avialable. hope one of you can get your hands on this device to try it
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-02-06 7:43 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Cool... If I can only get it and try it...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-06 8:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

matrixcore,

You are THE man!

Type II CF goodness
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-02-06 8:32 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2005-02-06 10:29 AM

matrixcore,

You are THE man!

Type II CF goodness

LOL! Very true. Thanks again!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-06 1:46 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I take it that since it has ppc2000 drivers that this will not be a problem? Although I only saw 1 certified ppc2000 device on their list, and it said that that device needed to be upgraded to 2002...

HA! It uses 100mA for its port...wonder if I can attach my hub and see what will work at 25mA...if I get a confirmation that this will work I may buy...
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 9:15 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I find this getting so silly. I read that NetBSD will support PCCards and Cardbus cards on existing MobilePros ... once you get it installed and working

As someone mentioned before, its really the OS supporting the device. Is this true? So even for USB pccard, why can't MS release some generic drivers?? I mean, if Win98 (SE or Win98b) has it, why does HPC2000 handhelds not have it??

Maybe its time for another petition and we can get a Class Act suit against M$ and they will either have to release the necessary drivers for existing HPC 2000 users or give us free CE.NET based handhelds!! Anyone for petition??
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 9:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Allow me to intervene here with the answer that you seek.

From Davie Laio who is a member of Windows CE driver development:
"Windows CE 4.2 does not support removable CardBus. But, we documented in a KB how to do that on built-in (non-removable CardBus). You need to modify PCIBUS.dll to do this. On Windows CE 5.0 beta, we have full CardBus Support."

So there you are.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.375 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 8