x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

TextMaker problem

ozone Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 10:22 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well... after my last hard reset, I figured I'd put my copy of TextMaker back on. It says it installs correctly, but when I execute the program, nothing happens. I might get the hourglass for second or two. It almost seems as if the program is being prevented from running. I checked around but can't find this specific problem being discussed anywhere else. I even tried installing an older version that I knew worked, but I get the same problem.

I also noticed the program does not appear in the "Remove Programs" box - it's almost as if it program doesn't exist despited being installed.

Would this because of installing the GAPI setup to get TCPMP to run? Any ideas? I seem to be having more and more problems as time goes by...

Thanks.

Edited by ozone 2006-07-20 10:26 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 11:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i don't know but did you install it in the internal flash? if so, that's the problem, install it on CF

if not.. well, you can manually copy the needed files for textmaker without running the installer via activesync. only run it to extract the files. then copy the ARM and Common folders and a few more stuff to your CF card. (no cab sorry)
 Top of the page
ozone Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 11:05 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

cmonex... why would installing it on the internal flash pose a problem?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i don't know why but the internal flash on the 900 has had problems with textmaker (and a few other apps). i've seen posts about this. sometimes the flash can even get corrupted. nec should have done this part better...
so install it on CF and i can assure you it will happily start
 Top of the page
ozone Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 11:14 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Let me try this again... I choose the install to memory card option - and it installed into the internal disk (ROM?). Weird...
 Top of the page
ozone Page Icon Posted 2006-07-20 11:22 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Okay... I give up... I got it installed to the memory card... and I get the same behaviour. I click on the icon to execute TM, the hourglass appears, and then nothing happens. Something just seems to be preventing the program from running. I don't get any error messages. I'm going to write SoftMaker... or just buy a Samsung Q1...

Edited by ozone 2006-07-20 11:22 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 4:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

gee, strange. what about a hard reset?
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-07-22 5:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I've had Textmaker installed to a SD card in my Netbook Pro for quite a while. Recently, I did a hard reset to clear out some cruft that had developed and I was able to launch Textmaker after the reset simply by double clicking on the executeable. No reinstall necessary.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10