x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

free calls to land lines on ce.net 4.2

Francus Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 9:46 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

On my desktop I use Voipbuster for all my phone calls, since it allows free phone landline calls in USA and most of Europe and elsewere is the cheapest with good quality.

I would like to get it on my netbook pro and installed X-pro PPC from xten. Somebody was able to hack it for a smartphone http://www.modaco.com/lofiversion/index.php/t235680.html that does not even have a pointing device. Netbook pro at least has the pen.

Installation was ok, but I cannot open the window for username, server etc, so it tries to connect but cannot get it.

Executability Check does not show any problem on X-pro.exe. Under Rewrite Lib name, Executability Check reports AES_PPC_DLL.dll. So tried to run Executability Check on this dll. In this case it reports: \windows\AES_PPC_DLL.dll is Invalid File.

If anybody wants to try I may send a copy of x-pro.cab by email
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 9:57 PM
#
Hmm, I know that Skype allows for free VoIP, and there's a Pocket PC and WinMobile version of that. I wonder if anyone has tried to hack that for CE 4.2? That would be quite useful...

...but I wouldn't know, because all I use VoIP for is prank phone calls.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 11:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CardBoardCrusader yup just check the cenet section.

Francus: about AES_PPC_DLL.dll, place execheck in ram if it wasn't there already and delete any .check.exe-s it might have created. do a soft reset, and try loading that dll in execheck again. if that doesn't help.. you can send me the cab by email
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-07-24 11:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CardBoardCrusader - 2006-07-24 6:57 PM
...but I wouldn't know, because all I use VoIP for is prank phone calls.

Now that's not nice , unless you call all of the 867-5309s .. Anyway, to continue being off-topic for a moment, my two relatives, before caller-id, they would call for pizza at neighbors houses and watch it from the front porch
 Top of the page
Francus Page Icon Posted 2006-07-26 9:45 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Cmonex
I deleted the x-pro check file and run again executability check on AES_PPC_DLL.dll and this time no problem occurred. Looking into Rewrite Lib name there is COREDLL.dll.

I checked with an exe editor in AES_PPC_DLL.dll and actually there is a reference to COREDLL.dll

I vaguely remember that a different COREDLL.dll is required for PPC programs. If you have it it may be possible to put it into the windows directory changing its name and changing the same way the exe reference in AES_PPC_DLL.dll
 Top of the page
Francus Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 5:34 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

No way to get X-pro working, so tried Sjphone the other program that is reported to be able to carry free landlines call by voipbuster and similars.

Sjphone can be downloaded free here: http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html

Version PPC 2003SE is reported to be not compatible, so installed version PPC 2003. But it does not run.

With executability check I get that atlce300.dll, mfce300.dll, olece300.dll or linked files can't be found.

Tried to put in Sjphone directory a copy of mfce300.dll, olece300.dll (do not have a copy of atlce300.dll), but again executability check gives the same message that all 3 dlls can't be found.

Any idea?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 7:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry, i didn't see this post until now..
i think i can send you a copy of sjphone which is functional on hpc2000, should work under ce.net too even if it requires a little more fiddling. we'll see.
hmm well here's a link: http://csakugy2.atw.hu/SJphone.zip
let me know of the results. if it doesn't run, please execheck it for me.
 Top of the page
Francus Page Icon Posted 2006-08-07 4:46 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Success !!

Have been able to phone free of charge to normal landline phones.

There is a new version of Sjphone specifically for CE.NET 4.0!
It is not on the main download page of Sjphone, because it is a beta release. You can find it on this page http://www.sjphone.org/preview/ce/

It is rich of features, you can set up multiple accounts and apparently also make conferences (haven't tried it)

I set up a Sjphone account for voipbuster, inserted the parameters from voipbuster http://www.voipbuster.com/en/sip.html and was immediately able to phone to landlines phones even if am behind a NAT.

Just a curiosity the first time after installation a pop up reported that I do not have direct X which improve latency and voice quality. Are direct X available for ce.net?

Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-08-15 3:22 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hrm...Odd. X-ten always worked fine on HPC 2000. It was one of the first apps I tried when I first bought my Jornada 720. Too bad it does not run on the MobilePro.

How "free" is voipbuster to call landlines. Is this unlimited usage? If so, that is quite amazing. And to think I was amazed by the daily 5 free minutes that come with my SIPPhone account...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-15 7:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey TFGBD hmm if it runs on hpc2000 it will on ce.net too i didn't try but i'm 100.1% sure.
 Top of the page
Francus Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 5:38 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

hi TFGBD
X-ten for HPC 2000? Did not know it even exists. Certainly the official distribution of this product has been discontinued, since they are preparing the new version for PPC called eyebeam (for windows it is already available). Do you have any idea where it may still be available?
What i tried was X-pro for PPC not the version for HPC 2000. And I tried it on a netbook pro, not a Mobile pro.

Regarding voipbuster, yes, it is actually free to call landlines in many countries. For the complete list see http://www.voipbuster.com/en/index.html

Usage is not completely unlimited. You have to pay a setup prepaid fee of about 10 euros that lasts 180 days and that you can spend on paying countries or calling cellphones. Also a free call cannot last more than one hour, after that, if you really need more, you can make a second free call for another hour, and so on.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 4:11 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yes, I was talking about the Pocket PC version of X-ten. It worked fine on H/PC 2000 when I tried it about a year ago. It even fits the screen pretty good. Oh, I did not know it was discontinued. I'll either post the version I have or try to find it online somewhere for you.

That Voipbuster sounds amazing! I'll have to try this on my H/PCs. It could even end up replacing a landline if this free calls to any US resident feature is not removed...

Edit: The X-ten linked to in the MoDaCo thread should work on H/PC 2000.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-08-17 4:11 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10