x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Just for laughs ... :D

1 2
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 9:13 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ok ... go ahead and laugh first!! hehehe

Question: "How do you know when you are getting too comfortable with your HPC?"

Answer: "When the following happens ... "

I was cutting and pasting a URL on my screen and my right hand on mouse goes to address textbox in firefox.

CTRl-P ... nothing ... try again ... still nothing.

Then I realise I was doing CTRl-C CTRL-P on my MP790's keyboard!!! hahahhaa
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 10:24 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Alright everybody!

Don't make any sudden moves. Get up from your chairs Very slowly.

Discretely and Calmly make your way towards the nearest exit and assemble in the car park just like we rehearsed...

Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 10:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

hahahaha ....

hey!! You there ... the one with a nice white color jacket in your hands, stop smiling like you are a friend! I know who you are!!! ... hehehe
 Top of the page
Brain_Recall
Brain_Recall Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 12:01 PM
#
Yeah, Snappy, might wanna lay off the Handheld there a little

Well, funny this, I'm just as bad.
I just got a new calculator (man I'm a geek), the Texas Instruments TI-89 Titanium. I got a neat little chess program called TI-CHESS and decided in my geeky wisdom that I would have a chess battle between PocketChess on my MP790 and TI-CHESS on my TI-89T.

So, there I was, during lunch I had these two devices battling each other. I moved a peice on the handheld, and everything was going good. When the handheld finished it's move, I went to the TI-89 to move the corrisponding piece. I tried three times, the piece wouldn't move.

Then I realized, I was trying to drag the piece with my stylus on the TI-89.

Man, I need a break.
 Top of the page
athom
athom Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 12:55 PM
#
Brain_Recall - 2005-02-03 6:01 PM

... and decided in my geeky wisdom that I would have a chess battle between PocketChess on my MP790 and TI-CHESS on my TI-89T.

What was the outcome??... Who won?...
My money is on the TI-89... Got one of those... Truly one great calculator...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 7:38 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Nothing's more embrassing then moving the mouse of your desktop and looking at the screen of your laptop or hpc, with a confused face
And I did it in my work place too... I just hope no one saw me.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 7:50 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Whats bad is when you use a full-sized laptop and start touching the screen in the web browser....and nothing happens! Haha that had me confused for a bit. When you know that you have REALLY used it for too long is when you touch a crt monitor and expect something to happen!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-04 6:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

hahaha ... looks like we are all into our HPCs quite a bit!!

I kinda did that touch screen thingie too! and paused for awhile waiting for it to respond.
 Top of the page
Brain_Recall
Brain_Recall Page Icon Posted 2005-02-06 2:51 PM
#
athom - 2005-02-03 12:55 PM

Brain_Recall - 2005-02-03 6:01 PM

... and decided in my geeky wisdom that I would have a chess battle between PocketChess on my MP790 and TI-CHESS on my TI-89T.

What was the outcome??... Who won?...
My money is on the TI-89... Got one of those... Truly one great calculator...

I haven't gotten that far. Each device takes over 4 minutes to make a move on the highest difficulty setting. I'll kill the batteries before they ever get close to done. Besides, I need to keep those things seperated, before I try and use the stylus on the 89 again.

I did forget that I tried to use my stylus on my laptop too! Heh, maybe that'll be The Next Big Thing (c).
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-02-06 5:18 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-02-03 9:50 PM

Whats bad is when you use a full-sized laptop and start touching the screen in the web browser....and nothing happens! Haha that had me confused for a bit. When you know that you have REALLY used it for too long is when you touch a crt monitor and expect something to happen!

I know what you mean... somehow, yesterday when I was watching my uncle (who doesn't know how to use pcs) trying to close windows by touching the "cross" button, it made me recommend the H/PC

Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 3:45 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Good to know I'm not the only one to do a few of these....

My big one is to keep hitting flag-C to bring up the control panel....on a Windows 2000 server. Might have something to do with spending a lot of my time on my NEC connected to a server over terminal services.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 8:51 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Alright!! Seems like we are all pretty much into this little knick knacks!! hehe

I was just looking at some old Libretto and Picturebooks. But when I found they do not have touchscreen ... I'm like ... "hmmm ... its nice but nah ... I need my touchscreen!!" ... after using touch screen on my MP790, life is never the same.

Its like using a computer without a mouse!!!

Screen manufacturers should introduce touchscreen LCDs to the masses!! I say, *that* will be a major evolution for the PC!!

While touchscreen for PC displays have been around since the 80s when I started dabbling with it, its common ground for POS machines at malls, but its still not common for end users. Just imagine if someone bring the price down for touch screens LCDs, users can do away with the mouse almost altogether. Actually, totally!! I sure dun miss the mouse while using my MP790.

Granted, 3d shooter gamers will still swear by the mouse, the average user which make up the bulk will appreciate the convenience and exercise to the hands (hehehe) of having a touch screen.

So, if you see new TouchScreen PCs (TSPC) taking over the world by storm, you hear it from me first!! hehehe
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-08 11:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think there's one libretto that has a touchscreen! libretto 50M or whatever.... M-something
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-08 12:12 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ya ... these lifebooks' been around. But its still not targeted at the avg user. ... specifically, its pricepoint.

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 8