x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A confession ...

1 2 3 4 5 6
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-18 7:37 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Have you tried lynx yet?!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-18 8:12 PM
#
H/PC Elder

... actually I DID!! haahaha ... brings back fond memories ... but only on a simulation page on the web. ... apparently it cannot do hotmail, yahoo or gmail ... so its off my must-have list ...

EDIT: ok, not really that fond memories ... to think about it. There wasn't much of a web to start with ... I was more into BBS back then ...

Edited by Snappy! 2005-02-18 8:25 PM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 4:08 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I thought it was compatible.
I was aiming for general web browsing. I'll still be searching for some relatively usable way to get bsd or linux onto my 720. By the way - Dillo IS improving. It was pitiful just a little bit ago.

-haha I'm still 6 posts ahead of you!!! (I had better start posting more... )
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 7:56 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-02-20 2:08 AM

I thought it was compatible.
I was aiming for general web browsing. I'll still be searching for some relatively usable way to get bsd or linux onto my 720. By the way - Dillo IS improving. It was pitiful just a little bit ago.

Yeap! Dillo *is* improving ... si si. And on the other thread, minimo has been ported to Wince!! albeit for PPC2002. But at least with the source code, we can *try* to get it to compile and run for HPC2000. Caveat: Its still at its initial phase, but at least its one more option than PIE4.01!!!

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-02-20 2:08 AM

-haha I'm still 6 posts ahead of you!!! (I had better start posting more... )

Mwaahahahaha ....

EDIT: hmm ... one post behind ... should I?

Edited by Snappy! 2005-02-20 5:57 PM

EDIT: Nah ...

Edited by Snappy! 2005-02-20 7:58 PM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 10:50 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Breath in, breath out...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 10:51 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Lynx is what made HTML seemed so cool! Who cared if that weren't enough websites. Write your own!

Actually, my first experience of surfing - visiting site after site thru links - was with Lynx.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 11:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-02-20 8:50 PM

Breath in, breath out...

Breathe ... Breathe ... Breathe ...

Takwu, actually, I'm with you ... my first experience was with Lynx too! though I had absolutely no clue whatsoever what I was doing ...

Then Mosaic came along ... and a while later, an unknown thingie called Netscape with a nice spinning logo started sprouting up!

And then there was IE ... and the browser war ... ...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

So, anything new?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-08 9:22 AM
#
H/PC Elder

hey PS! Where have you been these days? Not seen you around a while eh? What are you busy with?

On the NetBSD thingie ... After grappling with the self-righteous cookie handler in dilo, I restored to WinCE3.0 in a few minutes flat! While its faster and stuffs, I don't appreciate that it forcibly rejects malformed cookies. I mean, comeon, give me a break, nobody's perfect right? ... In a perfect world, ... ok, let me not even start on that, 'cos perfect worlds don't exist ... at least not in our imperfect world. ... so there I was, looking at this self-righteous piece of dilo that just refused to even let HPCfactor.com properly store cookies because they do not conform to some RFC######## thingie! HA!

I'm going to check back on it a while later, and if dilo 1.0 (dunno the release date yet!) is more forgiving with imperfect cookies and others, I might give it a second go. The breaker would be realise later that it would not process hotmail.com or other javascripted pages because their javascript do not conform to some RFC###### specs!!! *faint*
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-08 6:58 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hahah I unfortunately have managed to get myself very busy lately! ...Notice the fact that you have more posts than me!

I have gone to spending a lot more time finishing up my Linux comp, lol my system is finally fully functional! ...And my 720 is doing great too... although I managed to fill up my 512mb cf card because it has 120mb of NetBSD tars!

It looks like for a while I am going to spend some more time experimenting on my computer as I move ever closer to finally getting it to where I want it to be. But I will continue to post! (How can someone like me stop talking? )

It looks like I will have to take a bit of a break from *nux on my 720, but I plan to learn c++ in a grand total of 7 days worth of hours (2 hours committed so far ) and get my 720 running the system I want by the summer!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-08 8:08 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Oh ... so you are getting *nix on your J? ... Cool! keep us posted ya?

Learning C++ ... hmmm ... what can I say ... Enjoi! ... its just me, I love programming ... its in my blood kinda thingie ... ... but I've been off it recently and only got the eVC++ IDE installed to write an app and then left it alone 2~3 days later when I'm done. I'm not doing that for a living anymore, so its more of a on-demand programming ... when I really really have to do it.

Feel free to ping me if you have any thoughts about C++. I'll be happy to share with you what little I know.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 3:10 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Thanks!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

KnownSmartGuys.Add(Snappy);
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 8:15 PM
#
H/PC Elder

takwu - 2005-03-09 2:04 PM

KnownSmartGuys.Add(Snappy);

hehe

Upon compilation ...

ERROR 16384: Unknown class "Snappy" found in line 32767, pos 20.
ERROR 65535: "Snappy" is not a member of SmartGuys namespace.
ERROR 1024: Ambiguous reference made to Snappy. Snappy belongs to both "Geek" namespace and "Unemployed" namespace. Explicit referencing required at line 32767, pos 20.

hehehe
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 3:45 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Snappy!,
Noe that I got my 32MB memory for my z50, I will try to follow your idea of NetBsd/hpcmips.
Will be quite a challenge for me because I have no experience of Unix and hardly manage to cope with WinCE and a couple of DOS lines.
The last piece of programming I did was a linear regresion in a Mercury-Ferranty valve computer!!!!! with punched tape and a cooling system as big as a two bedroom flat in London.
But is an opportunity to put new life in my z50, to try to learn a bit of Unix, while waiting to test Minimo in my z50.
Wish me good luck!!!!
oski
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 35