x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

bophojones
bophojones Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 11:25 PM
#
I'm having the same problem...dlink dwl-650 wifi card, prism driver setup is all right and dandy, it's showing a graph with great signal strength, and i cannot get IE to connect for the life of me. No proxy, nothing odd, and it just won't connect. Anyone else with any ideas?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-11 3:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-08-04 3:15 PM

wow CE Geek this agere must be a strange card. why does it require a password & ISP name?

I must make a small correction. There is a default password entered automatically. But my recollection when first setting up the network connection is that I had to manually enter "verizon.net."

cmonex - 2006-08-04 3:15 PM
and why would one call the ISP to get an IP address if the router isn't dhcp enabled? that's the router's job, not the ISP's.

Right - but the user has to figure out where to find the info to enter. That's why I suggested what I did - to call tech support with the ISP to receive guidance through the process.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-11 8:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You need to to ensure that your network is addressing proper.y For that we recommend the installation of vxUtil; review and links in the reviews section.

IF your other wireless systems require access to the network using a WEP key, you need to enter it onto the device.

The wireless router must be set to use 40/64 or 128-bit WEP - NOT WPA, WPA-PSK, RADIUS etc - or with no encryption (not recommended once you're out of the testing phase).

The default password information in the network settings are that CE Geek is referring too has nothing to do with this procedure, that is the default NTLM cached log-in information - needed because CE doesn't make use of control authenticated user accounts. You do not need to set it for this.

If you can get onto the Internet with any other system through that router, then the router has an active Internet and TCP/IP addressing series, and you do not need to fiddle with the IP settings. What you do need to do is ensure that the router is setup to provide DHCP server support to network clients.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8