x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FS (US and Abroad) Mobilepro Cases 700/800/900

1 2 3
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-08-05 2:20 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Lads and Lassies,
So, I just got my NEC 900c via post (Thanks to AKG!). Basically, I don’t want to touch it until I have any and all available protection for it. I want to start with the case. I looked at Rich’s site, of course (hpcnec.com), and found the NEC-OPMPHH http://hpcnec.com/scgi-bin/simpleforum.cgi?fid=12&topic_id=1143819058. It’s durable and made by NEC to fit perfectly. All models 700, 800 and 900. However, the lowest priced seller I can find is on eBay at $29 USD plus $11 shipping and he tries to sneak in $5 handling. $45 total from the states to the states. Not bad considering some of the other quotes on this discontinued case. But I want better. And also, this guy charges over $35 for shipping alone overseas. That’s nuts so I propose a bulk buy, if you’ll have it. Here’s the way it breaks down.

Ten or more people would bring the price to $33 US shipped stateside and $44 shipped out of the continental US. I’d send out PayPal invoices and ship to the US, Canada, Australia, EU (Euros only) and the UK of course. I’ll take orders from interested parties through Sunday, August 13. If there are 10 or more, I’ll place the order the following week, depending on how many paying people I have. I’ll keep everyone informed via this thread.

PM me:
*Your name
*Your PayPal email address
*Your delivery address (include country!)
*Number of cases wanted
*double check everything

That’s all. Let me know.
BTW I’m considering a NuShield buy for Jornada owners. $6 a piece up to three and $5 after that; shipped! PM me if interested.

Blessings
O’flash

Edited by oflash 2006-08-05 2:21 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-05 3:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm thinking about getting in on the MobilePro case deal, but I'm not sure yet. Looks like it's a hard case. Am I correct?
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-08-05 10:52 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

From the link I mentioned:
The case itself is unique in that the sides are semi-hard. Not soft vinyl or plastic. The lid is moulded and reinforced for strength. You can't bend or push the sides of the case without intentional effort. Not like the old Moblepro case model S1424-30A-D. Now that was a nice case too, but didn't protect no where nearly as well as this one. Here is what it looks like on the outside:

So, yes, a cloth covered hard case. Important, because I tend to abuse my tech toys. That's why I have a Nokia phone without a hinge. I would have snapped it in two within a week. Despite my best efforts not to, mind you.

***IMPORTANT: Most of you will have noticed the mistake in my original post. Obviously, this is my first tango with NEC stuff, and I now realize that these cases do not fit the MP800 series as I originally posted. Apologies.***

Edited by oflash 2006-08-05 10:59 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-05 1:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

I’d send out PayPal invoices and ship to the US, Canada, Australia, EU (Euros only) and the UK of course.

sorry, how do you mean "Euros only"?

by the way i had the chance to see this case in person (not mine, i had the chance to pick it up for free but i didn't as i thought it would be too much to ask for). i liked it, more so than the older version (i have two of that), my only problem with it was that i wouldn't dare to grip that handle and carry the whole thing by hand, it just looked like it could open up accentidally and the mobilepro would fall out then. other than that it looked really nice.

Edited by cmonex 2006-08-05 1:28 PM
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 12:35 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Monica, always a privilege to hear from you in one of my threads! Quoting Rich's site again. This should address these potential issues with the case:
Notice that there is are D rings on both sides of the case. That is for the included carrying strap which I have removed as I don't like them myself.

When you open the case the first thing you realize is that there are no plastic snap buckles or clips used to hold this thing shut. There is however about an 8" x 3/4" strip of Velcro that works far better than any clip would. When it is pressed shut, you know the case is secure.

So, you don't have to handle it with the, um, handle. There is a carrying strap included. In addition, Rich feels that the Velcro is more than adequate to keep the enclosure shut.

For your Euros question: I'm only taking payment via PayPal, so I can only invoice in the currencies PayPal allows. USD, Canadian Dollars, Australian dollars, Pounds Sterling, and Euros which are the currency of the European Union (EU). There are some European countries not on the Euro. I'll happily send the cases to them, but via PayPal, their native currency isn't an option I can bill in. Sorry for any confusion. And sorry to for those in the far east. Shipping to China isn't something I'm doing just yet.

As an aside, I only need nine interested people, since I’m getting a case as well (obviously).

(Happy 75th Post to me! Happy Factorite Dance for my third pip! Oh, let me revel in my little demented dance, would ya?)

Edited by oflash 2006-08-06 12:40 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 3:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes i know you don't have to handle it with the handle
thanks for your answer on the euros thing. i'm used to send money via paypal not in my native currency. would send it in US$, that's just natural. OK, still thinking if i have the funds for this now.
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 9:05 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sure thing,
As an aside, I have some polymer dye I intend to use to color my 720’s case black. I may offer this as an option for dying the sort of burgundy colored nylon fabric solid black for anyone interested in a case. I’ll use mine as a test bed.

If this gets commitments from you, Cmonex, and CE Geek, plus myself, I’d say it’s going pretty well with a week to go. Thanks to all those who looked. Picture links below:

http://www.hpcnec.com/scgi-bin/pics/case1.jpg
http://www.hpcnec.com/scgi-bin/pics/case2.jpg
http://www.hpcnec.com/scgi-bin/pics/case3.jpg
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-06 3:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm on board if we can get ten buys - but I only need one.
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-08-07 9:34 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Understood, and I hope we can get to ten. Also, after reviewing the postal rates more closely (United States Postal likes to make you think that express is the only way to send anything overseas...) I think we can do overseas orders for a total of $38 instead of the $44 and I'll even give shipping to Asia a go, and accept yen via PayPal. I just got a confirmation from AKG that he got the Mobilepro VGA cable I sent him. So I feel more confident in sending to Asia as he lives in Taiwan. His confirmation PM:

Subject : RE: Thank You!

Cable received today! 8/7
It had been arrived in Aug 2
But I don't know why the local PO's delay
Thank you very much!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-09 1:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, ok, i think i'm in for one 38$ shipped sounds quite ok!
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 1:49 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm interested too. Can someone tell me if there is enough room in the case to leave a PCMCIA wifi card in the slot? Also, are they new? Thanks.
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 3:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I’d have to give a no go to leaving your Wifi card in its slot. This case has a nice, snug fit around the sides.

And yes, these are coming in brand new.

Pictured here holding a 900 (the 700s are the same size at the base):

and

Edited by oflash 2006-08-10 4:04 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if your card isnt big it may fit i think iirc
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 11:00 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

That's three confirmed, and one tentative with three full days to go! Nice! I'd like to see five confirmed and I think we will very soon.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-08-11 8:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Actually, that clip you see in the top picture in the middle is made to hold a few accessories such as a wifi card or a cf card or whatever. And what is nice about the case is that it is designed (hinged) so that you can open your case and use your MP without removing it from the case.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2006-08-11 8:32 AM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.207 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10