x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 Serial Connector Type

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 12:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I see your point ShadowMaster . It stinks that HP doesn't make their Serial adapter anymore.

Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 12:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

(double posted...don't know how that happened)

Anyway, looking forward to try the driver, too. Thanks!

Edited by PDAfan 2006-08-10 12:23 PM
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 1:01 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

BTW, I think it MAY WORK on devices other than the jornada but it's not granted.
It's not a driver in the whole sense. A conventional driver loads at boot and stay loaded if the hardware is detected.
I made it as a driver first but it was missing some user interaction (and also had some problems detecting), so I converted it into a user-loadable application. That also allows the user to setup some options (left/right button swap and Port used for connection currently). If you want it to load at startup, just copy it in \Windows\Startup but it will warn if no mouse is detected after each reboot.
However, I'll be receiving another serial mouse today (in about 4 hours) to be sure that the detection procedure works with any serial mouse (who knows? it may be detecting ONLY the mouse I picked up first, xD. That won't be good, so I need a second mouse to test it).
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

geez.. the newer mouse isn't recognized using the same code. I may put a "ignore detection result" option if I can make a generic detection code.
 Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 10:19 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

GO, SM, GO! You can do it!
(I wish I could offer you more practical support, but I never finished my Computer Science degree. I thought I'd cheer you on, at least)
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 10:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

well, I figured out a way to attempt both methods (if fails using one, use the other xD) and then it works with my two devices (one awfully old, the other one quite more modern).
Also, I'm adding options for rotating the mouse coordinates for Nyditot compatibility. It can also be used with GAPI games but may cause graphic glitches if the game doesn't update the screen too often.
BTW.. There's NO graphical cursor, just a small NOT square (white background? black square, black background = white square) , otherwise the mouse would move slooooooow (because it would have to draw a 16x16 cursor at every movement and that's slow... actually is kinda clumsy with the square, imagine with a full color image xD)
I'll upload the driver tomorrow, I'm kinda tired. At least I solved the detection problem (hopefully)
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-08-11 10:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Done! The driver has been published! I'll be waiting for your feedback
I also changed the page layout to be more handheld (specifically netfront) friendly.
http://www.damnsoft.org
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-08-12 9:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

SM, the download section is blank! I checked last night then again this morning. Thought you should know.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-08-12 10:25 AM
#
Click on the Software link then on MouSer v0.1...
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-08-12 12:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

"I also changed the page layout to be more handheld (specifically netfront) friendly. "
That's one of the changes I meant with it, I actually merged the project and download section in one called "software". After a description of each project you'll found the downloads available for it (if any), so, do as chazco said.
 Top of the page
PDAfan Page Icon Posted 2006-08-12 2:05 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just downloaded the driver, but now I have to wait for my HP sync cable due to arrive IN SEPTEMBER!

I looked all over for a connector to build one form scratch, but nothings close. It looks like half a card edge connector with the outside sooo close to the dimensions of a standard USB...

If I didn't love my J720 so much, and fear breaking it, I'd open it and rewire the connection to handle something more readily available.
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-08-13 2:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

mm, that's bad. SEPTEMBER? geez...
nobody have tested the driver yet? that's no good...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-14 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no serial mouse here
 Top of the page
Stevie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-15 5:15 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

But it is good ShadowMaster.
I have just tried this out and think it's great. It took a few connectors to make it work as I didn't have the correct cable to start with. Ended up with 2 9-25 adapters, 2 25 gender changers and a 9pin gender changer.
I see what you mean about the cursor, would it be easier to see if it pulsed small and then larger in size? It didn't take much getting used to though. The only problem I have found is that on my 720 when the cursor is moved to the far right it moves about it's own width too far and so drops off the edge of the screen.
This is a great bit of work and will make working with the external keyboard much easier. It always seemed awkward having to pick up the stylus and tap on the screen after typing on the keyboard but now with a mouse that is a thing of the past.
Can you tell I'm happy?
Thanks again.........
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 12:36 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm really glad you liked it.
I think it won't be such a difficult task to make the cursor larger but it may cause additional glitches.
About the edges, I think I'll correct it on a next revision.
Thanks for your comments That makes worth the effort.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12