x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

LAN Sync with MP770

Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-08-12 4:25 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich helped me establish a partnership with Activesync via the cable. Now I'm trying to do a LAN sync. I followed the setup here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0012.asp

And when the connection could not be made, I tried the fix here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0014.asp

But still the HPC shows "Establishing connection to desktop computer. Please wait..."

for a very long time. And then:

"Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. The computer is not available or busy and currently cannot accept connections."

I can surf over the network, and also share files.

I tried disabling Windows Firewall. Didn't help. I'm on XP.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-12 4:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Desertway, are you certainl that you got the HEX IP address correct in your registry setting? Did you use my HEX calc?

Additionally, is ActiveSync responding at all? Is Ethernet enabled in the options in AS and stating "Network Available"?
Does vxUtil tell you that the H/PC has the correct IP/Subnet/DNS/Default Gateway info? Lastly can you browse the Internet from the H/PC over the LAN?
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-08-12 7:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2006-08-12 1:39 PM

Desertway, are you certainl that you got the HEX IP address correct in your registry setting? Did you use my HEX calc?

Yes I did. Twice. Am I correct that the hex calc is entered as shown - with spaces, no dots or hypens?

Additionally, is ActiveSync responding at all?

No.

Is Ethernet enabled in the options in AS and stating "Network Available"?

Yes and Yes.

Does vxUtil tell you that the H/PC has the correct IP/Subnet/DNS/Default Gateway info?

VXUtil pings the host just fine, with the same IP address I'm using. I don't see how to check the other info.

Lastly can you browse the Internet from the H/PC over the LAN?

Yes. Thanks.

Ellen
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28