x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 820 & MS Portrait

bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-08-13 3:56 PM
#
Just got a cheap 820 off eBay for daily PIM functions in the house. It's a fantastic unit so far...I just need to adjust from apps that did work on my 720...and now don't. Only program I'm truly wanting to carry over is MS Portrait. I downloaded it and the install went fine (over ActiveSync) but it doesn't run once it's on the 820. Is it just unsupported (and not meant to be) or is there somethin' I can do about it?
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-08-14 10:00 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

yah. MS Portrait officially only supports hpc 2k and up. not hpc pro. interesting enough, the installer runs smooth and will not return you any error message at all. some other people noticed that long ago.

so, now u have to hack the hpc2k version
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-14 11:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i dunno, maybe OS ver hexediting would work?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-14 8:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Plus some hexedited ARM DLLs, maybe?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-14 9:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i don't see any needed hpc2000 dlls.
but we'd need an execheck on this. hmm maybe tomorrow. 3 AM here.
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 11:16 PM
#
I'm kinda supruised it never got ran to the 820. It might be 2.11, but it's a solid device (other than CSTN screen ). USB port, VGA, only thing missing would be a headphone jack (and a camera like the intermec, which I'm still tryin' to get my hands on one). If I knew crap of anything about getting the programs to work on lower versions I'd sure as hell help, but I can barely use a linux console (trying to fix this!) so I'm of little use.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 11:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm, ok give me an email address and i'll send you a modified version of portrait, maybe it will work (no 820 here to test on)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.157 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28