x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

j680e can't log out of secure sites

dsigma6
dsigma6 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 7:09 PM
#
Good Evening,

I've just sold my Jornada 680e, so I wanted to get it back to factory condition before sending it out. I updated to include the 128bit encryption, and I can log into secure sites just fine.

Using eBay and signing in works fine. However, after clearing the cache in IE, deleting everything in the temporary internet files folder, and deleting the registry entry for ebay, it STILL has me logged in. I even changed my password from my PC, thinking when I went back on the Jornada it would get bumped out- But nothing. I'm not handing this thing to someone with it logged into my eBay! Something I'm missing??

Thanks,
Dan
 Top of the page
dsigma6
dsigma6 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 8:22 PM
#
No edit feature?? I just wanted to correct myself- I didn't mean 128 bit encryption, but 128 bit ssl.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

why not just do another hard reset?
 Top of the page
dsigma6
dsigma6 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 8:54 PM
#
cmonex - 2006-08-16 8:51 PM

why not just do another hard reset?

lol...well i wouldnt have come to the forum if i wanted to do that! it's insane that it is giving me this sort of problem. its too much of a security issue to let go.

by the way, the picture of the kitty running in your sig is hilarious...why cut them out!

Edited by dsigma6 2006-08-16 8:57 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 9:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

err, how do you mean cutting the kitties out?

quite a security issue, i don't know why it is doing that. did you try clearing the cookies as well? also, ebay will require you to log in anyway if you do anything serious & it will log you out after about 24 hours no matter how much you hate it (i do)
 Top of the page
dsigma6
dsigma6 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 9:56 PM
#
where are the cookies located? if i haven't gotten them, i'm sure that's the issue. earlier there was a banner in each of your post with a list of all the handhelds you own, and two pictures of cats. the one picture was a snippet of a larger picture where a cat is chased by two weird brown things...can't remember what they were, its been a while.

edit: and now the picture is back in your signature...wtf!

Edited by dsigma6 2006-08-16 9:57 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 10:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think you were logged out, that's why you didn't see my signature

cookies, hmm maybe if you disable them, that would help? sorry, i don't really use my 680 for internet, so don't know for sure
 Top of the page
dsigma6
dsigma6 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 7:11 PM
#
after a few hours it automatically logged me out. thanks for your help though cmonex. my days of using the 680e are over...and it really was only days.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 8:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

and what will you be moving on to?
 Top of the page
dsigma6
dsigma6 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 9:05 PM
#
i'm a thinkpad junkie.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-18 7:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

A thinkpad junkie eh, you'll want a z50 then
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=90

Out of interest. What prompted you to sell up shop and move out of H/PC land?
 Top of the page
dsigma6
dsigma6 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-18 8:16 AM
#
they're nice, and there's also the IBM pc110. i bought the jornada per the recommendation of a thinkpad.com forum member. i completely neglected handhelds, as the last thing i owned even remotely called a handheld was a handspring visor (yikes!)...i used to use a motorola mpx200, and that was just about as good with surfing as the 680e.

i finally realized my need for such a small device was minimal, and at least in terms of the older 680e, it was way too slow to be productive. perhaps in the future i'll pick up a newer one that doesn't have a 1XXmhz processor. or i'll just use a tiny 3 pound X series thinpad.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-18 1:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You'll find that a trip to the 700 series is a world away from the 600 series. There are also even faster CE .net devices. I wouldn't call a Visor a Handheld, that's blasphemy

Sorry to see you leaving us, but good luck with the Lenovo's all the same
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.157 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9