x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PHP Editor and Maybe Mini-Server

chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 3:00 PM
#
My first post in this section

Just wondering, does anyone know of an editor that colours PHP code for CE.net 4.2?

Second question: is there any form of on-device server that will allow me to test-drive PHP pages? Doesnt need bells and whistles, just the basics.

Thanks
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-05 3:53 AM
#
I found this editor which supports syntax highlighting. Its for PocketPC but installs without any tweaking on CE.net 4.2: http://www.animaniak.com/cke/cke_main.asp . The only problem is the settings dialog doesnt display correctly. It shows as a tiny window. Any ideas on how to fix this?

It turns out that the Smartbook has CE Web server built-in. Now all i have to do is figure out how to get it to understand PHP and not just ASP.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-05 2:27 PM
#
Encountered a slight problem. After writing a line, it disappears. Selecting the area and copying reveals that the writing is still there.

Anyone experienced at getting PPC stuff to work (cmonex?) got any ideas?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-05 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tiny window: use winwatch or install a SIP.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-06 4:40 AM
#
Ok, used Winwatch. Resized the dialog window to find all the settings, and also an option to disable cleartype, which fixed the disappearing text issue. Having to do this each time to select the correct syntax and disable cleartype would be pointless, but found options to predefine settings for each type of file. e.g. if i open a .htm it now automatically applys my settings.

The only problem i've got now is that it doesnt appear to save the file extensions when creating a new file, so you have to do it manually.

Thanks cmonex
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-08 3:17 PM
#
I've wrote a Kate-Converter for this now. It convers Kate syntax files to a format that is compatible with this. This appears to be a very powerful editor. I'm going to try and join the group http://groups.google.com/group/ckeppc but at the moment i cant log into Google. Anyone else want to join a suggest a full HPC CE 4.2 port?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8