x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Softgate ASW2201 drivers

yoshisan Page Icon Posted 2006-08-18 6:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi guys.

First of anything, My truly congratulations for your site, two days ago due a really accident I found your site, and Wow. I'de lost any spectatives for good sites dedicated to HPCs today, that we live at the Pocket-PC era. Puaaaj!!

Let me tell you that I really have a loved antique collection piece, compared to yours... off course!.

From a long time ago, I have a wonderfull HP 620LX. This machine has been so preciated for me, that I bought the Windows CE HPC-Pro 3.01 upgrade in ROM from HP, I bought the REx Pro 5000 companion too, and a second 620 with all accesories for spair. Wonderfull decision because some time ago the display was dead, and I had the spare for fix it in the same day it failed.

This pretty baby has been my partner for near ten years and today included it's a really good tool and a loved toy for me. I'm electronics engineer, and my specialty is data comms. My HPC saves me, when I lived every day with a hard Compaq Armada in my back.

I migrate my companies platform to Windows 2000 Advanced servers, I installed in any branch office a secret Ethernet point in some xtrange place, and when something goes bad, Me and my HP-620LX with Terminal Server client, inside some xtrange place like a closet, we solved many many problems. And the rest of the day, she would live inside my jacket's pocket.

Some days ago I got a WiFi PC-Card, A Softgate ASW2201 with a Waveplus WP1200 broadband processor, in fact it was a miracle to get in my country (I live in Chile SA) a non 32 bits cardbus PC-card at this time. In my notebook I have a D-Link DWL-G650 but it don't work obviously in the HP-620.

So the first thing i did was Insert the ASW2201 in my 620, the light goes on and the screen gives an "unknown Ethernet card in slot 1" message. Wonderfull I thank, but don't exist in any place at the whole net, the drivers for this card running over HPC-Pro 3.01 with SuperH H3 processor.

Please my dear friends, if some of you, Know something like a generic driver, like the intersil case, but wrote for the Waveplus WP1200 processor, I really preciate if you gives me some tips or some token passings for get it, perhaps. jaja

I'm thinking right now in a HP-728, are good prices at eBay it's not so expensive than the some years ago. What do you think about? I compared my 620 with a friend's 690, or 680 I don't remember well, but my jewel run only a little bit slower. May be with the 720/728 would be quite different.

I'm feeling really glad because I found yor site and comunity, congratullations. And thanks you very much by reading my post, wroten in a terrible bad english.

Regards Fernando

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes the 728 is much faster than a 620/680. i can only recommend it! oh and glad to hear you find the 620 so useful

no idea about the softgate card, but try the intersil drivers. driver name is usually PRISMNDS

Top of the page
Pedro Page Icon Posted 2006-08-24 5:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello, yoshisan, let us know if it worked.

Cmonex thanks for the drivers you send me for sierra aircard 750 ,did not used them yet , but I hope soon.
I want to buy the same card yoshisan has for jornada 720 but i'm not sure it works on it, I spent a lot of money buying other ethernet and wireless cards that don't work so i'd like to find a less expensive solution for wireless connection on jornada. What are you using?... by the way
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-24 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm using senao sl-2511cf for wlan or sometimes a dlink dcf660w cf wlan, socketcom's lpe (low power ethernet) or a ne2000 compatible microcom travelcard for lan (both use the built in ne2000 driver). but almost any 10mbps ne2000 lan card should work.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10