x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

USB cellphone link with HPC pro

CDG
CDG Page Icon Posted 2006-08-19 8:29 PM
#
Hello. I have an NEC MobilePro 800. Recently, I have been working on getting the USB232 drivers up and running. I believe I have done just that now. Here is the trouble:

I hook up my Samsung A670 cellphone to its USB link and plug it into my MobilePro. The "USB" icon shows up in the system tray. I go to the dialing terminal. I create a new session- I find that there are 3 modems to choose form. One is "internal modem com4", the other is "Hayes Compatible Com1", and the third is "Samsung CDMA technologies". I select the samsung modem. I punch in the proper info for my ISP (I have had it up and working with the internal modem, so I know those settings are correct). When I click connect though, I get an error saying "The specified modem is unavailable."

I'm going to keep looking into this, but resources are pretty slim on the internet. Can anybody mention if they have any diagnostic suggestions? I can't be positive that my A670 supports serial 232 mode either...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-20 12:48 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Out of curiosity, does your phone happen to have IrDA? If so, I believe you can use this: http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/irda/
 Top of the page
CDG
CDG Page Icon Posted 2006-08-20 12:54 AM
#
No, I wish it did have irda. Thanks for the thought just the same.

This isn't a matter of great importance since I have PCMCIA wireless working, however I thought it would be nice to have cellular dialup in case I ever want to travel far from home with it...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 12:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cellular dialup settings may not be the same as normal dialup.
 Top of the page
CDG
CDG Page Icon Posted 2006-08-21 9:58 PM
#
I don't know much about the nitty gritty of things, but in the case of windows, you install a driver and the cellphone is treated the same as a normal modem. This might not be the case for HPC pro though. I only have this article on cellular dialup on a windows CE 2.11 base system, and it's not very technical, and it didn't go through USB, but rather the serial 232 port on an ipaq. I will link the article in case there is any interest:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/article/cheap_wireless_ipaq_article

Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-08-23 12:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CDG - 2006-08-20 8:29 AM

Hello. I have an NEC MobilePro 800. Recently, I have been working on getting the USB232 drivers up and running. I believe I have done just that now. Here is the trouble:

I hook up my Samsung A670 cellphone to its USB link and plug it into my MobilePro. The "USB" icon shows up in the system tray. I go to the dialing terminal. I create a new session- I find that there are 3 modems to choose form. One is "internal modem com4", the other is "Hayes Compatible Com1", and the third is "Samsung CDMA technologies". I select the samsung modem. I punch in the proper info for my ISP (I have had it up and working with the internal modem, so I know those settings are correct). When I click connect though, I get an error saying "The specified modem is unavailable."

I'm going to keep looking into this, but resources are pretty slim on the internet. Can anybody mention if they have any diagnostic suggestions? I can't be positive that my A670 supports serial 232 mode either...

First, Chinese users have only got GSM GPRS working fine with some phones and ce.net 4.1. not quite sure about the dialing method of cdma.

1. Does hpc ask for a driver? Did u input 232usb as the name?

2. with a gsm Dpod 535, the new "Modem" displays as RS232 USB CDC. THose users use this as the new modem, not a specific maker name thingy.

3. in the baud rate option, pls select 38400 instead of 57600 or any other option.

4. the gsm GPRS dialing up # is *#99#. after a few clicks, the link is up and ok. not sure about the cdma settings.
NOkia 3250 also CONFIRMED 2 BE WORKING with this method

pls update ur testing results here and we could try to work it out

Edited by iamjoe 2006-08-23 12:27 PM
 Top of the page
CDG
CDG Page Icon Posted 2006-08-24 5:01 PM
#
OK, in answer to your help:

1) HPC doesn't ask for a driver when I plug the phone in. The mdem entitled: "Samsung CDMA Technologies" is just there in the modem selection dropdown of the dialing terminal.

2) See #1- "Samsung CDMA Technologies" appears in the modem selection dropdown on the session configuration dialog in the terminal

3) 38400, got it- instead of the 19200 that was origionally selected by default. No change, modem still not found.

4) For Verizon CDMA, I believe it is #77 or #777 to get the data link up and working. I know my plan supports this feature because I have used it on my laptop before.

Any other suggestions? I don't know much about this sort of thing. My modem configure looks like this:

Baud Rate: 38400
Data Bits 8
Parity None
Stop Bits 1
Flow Control Software
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-08-25 9:25 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CDG - 2006-08-25 5:01 AM

OK, in answer to your help:

1) HPC doesn't ask for a driver when I plug the phone in. The mdem entitled: "Samsung CDMA Technologies" is just there in the modem selection dropdown of the dialing terminal.

2) See #1- "Samsung CDMA Technologies" appears in the modem selection dropdown on the session configuration dialog in the terminal

3) 38400, got it- instead of the 19200 that was origionally selected by default. No change, modem still not found.

4) For Verizon CDMA, I believe it is #77 or #777 to get the data link up and working. I know my plan supports this feature because I have used it on my laptop before.

Any other suggestions? I don't know much about this sort of thing. My modem configure looks like this:

Baud Rate: 38400
Data Bits 8
Parity None
Stop Bits 1
Flow Control Software

first, ur phone probably does not support usb-modem function, or at least not with with wince. in the case of Dopod 535, first 535 supports usb modem; second, the hpc asks for a driver name. this is quite important. if no driver name is asked, then ur phone probably not working under this method.

My HPC also doesn not asks for driver name when treo 600 is connected 2 it. I doubt that treo 600 does not support usb modem, but I did not I dig up the internet for an answer yet.
 Top of the page
CDG
CDG Page Icon Posted 2006-08-26 12:03 PM
#
yeah funny that it doesn't ask for a driver but shows up in the modem dialog and in pocket registry editor. I'd bet that you're right though, that this won't be possible.

I have some excess junk that I can make a serial null modem cable with, and I think that I might be able to get a serial cable to work with my Samsung phone, so we'll have to see... If anybody has anything else to add to this, I'll be checking back periodically.
 Top of the page
ipaqit Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 6:58 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello, I have a mp900 I have necessity to connect a gsm samsung in order to be annoying, where I can find the rows d' installation? I connect the door usb, but when I create the logon does not come visualized the choice of the modem usb. thanks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12