x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IRC Client for CE .NET?

1 2
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 6:28 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Awesome, thanks! That one works... Hopefully someone will eventually design an IRC app in a more native format that will work with .NET, but this will do until then...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-12 8:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm glad that it worked out for you!
yeah the app is great only disadvantage is java but it works on my psion, on jornada 720 and now on your nec 900c so that's some advantage..

anyway, if you want to try out ppc irc clients... i don't know what the compatibility is with wm2003? anyone knows? i mean, will hacks work? one of my friends (has a nec 900, but would upgrade to 900c) wants to know too...
 Top of the page
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-02-13 1:18 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Yeah I tried a couple PPC clients... most wouldn't even install, but PocketChat did install. It won't run, though, and after various troubleshooting steps determined that it is a problem with the pvbform2.dll file. The one that comes with PocketChat won't register, and I even downloaded the latest eVB runtimes from Microsoft and installed them, but that version won't register either. I guess CE .NET isn't too friendly with legacy eVB apps.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-07 12:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

an update on IrcCE and ce.net 4.2 compatibility:

it does work!!!

the trick is which server you connect to... but this is a problem under hpc2000 too. so ce.net 4.2 is really no different. ircce works fine if you connect to the right servers. all the ones i use work...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.332 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 29