x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: Book Digital Co. SmartBook G138 (Flashback)

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Next »
Frozen
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 1:25 AM
#
Now it wont go any higher than 65%
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 1:38 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Did you let it go completely dead? I did the same thing and it got lower. Mine went completely dead, dead.

Then charged it up and 57% to 79% I will try and get my original batteries fixed. If it works, I will test it and send it to you and trade out.

I will replace with the exact model and make of batteries Samsung 18650/20 and 22.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2006-09-09 1:41 AM
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 6:02 AM
#
Hmm... I can step charge it. (e.g. wait till it claims to have stopped charging. Disconnect from mains, use for a few seconds, reconnect mains. It goes up about 2% each time). Does this mean anything?
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 6:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well.. it probably isn't a real fix, just an example, the lg phenom express batteries liked to die after a while but you could revive them for a while with this method. sadly that was temporary. but try it, we'll see ..
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 6:55 AM
#
It will only take it up to 72%, so not a permenant fix.

Also having trouble with an external display. How do you get a native resolution? I tried altering the values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\MQ200 and was able to distort the extenral display (i've restored it to defaults now), and some interesting info here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceddk40/html/cxcondisplaydriverarchitecture.asp (about half way down, the registry is commented). Any ideas? In the long run an application / control panel applet would be a good idea.

Edited by chazco 2006-09-09 7:09 AM
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 11:38 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Some progress is better than none. I am going to let mine go down again and hopefully I get better results.

S/F,
CEYA!
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 2:53 PM
#
I'm going to wait for C:Amie to comment before i do anything else. Not seen him online for a while though.
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-09-10 1:31 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Has anyone used their internal recorder and found a wayto printed from it.

S/F<
CEYA!
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-10 4:07 PM
#
Theres a voice recorder built into the Smartbook. Use explorer and browse to \Windows. Run "waverec" to start recording and run it again to stop recording. The file is saved to \. Audio quality isnt too bad.
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-09-10 11:30 PM
#
H/PC Elite

thanks but it sucks. only 5 seconds. Sound is good to go. recording sucks.

S/F,
CEYA!
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 12:34 PM
#
Now the battery wont charge about 66%. It was at 66% this morning, was left on the table (off and no accessories) and is now at 59%. Theres no chance of a battery rebuild (i've no cash), and if it keeps going at this rate it'll have no power in a few days. Any ideas?

btw... C:Amie, you've had the devices open, how is the GPRS module connected, and are there any other visible connection locations?

Edited by chazco 2006-09-12 12:46 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 12:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The GPRS connects at the top left of the motherboard it has a clip-on socket for the antenna line which runs up the screen hinge into the back of the screen and a ribbon to connect it to the motherboard itself. Why do you ask?

Have you actually time tested this battery?
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 12:55 PM
#
The GPRS connects at the top left of the motherboard it has a clip-on socket for the antenna line which runs up the screen hinge into the back of the screen and a ribbon to connect it to the motherboard itself. Why do you ask?

I have reason to suspect it may be possible to add bluetooth/wifi, but i'm not certain yet. There is evidence building up to support the theory.

The battery lasts for about 1-2 hours of use over a day i think (thats with no GPRS).
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 3:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The pc card / cf chipset drivers in ROM you mean?
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 3:18 PM
#
Nope, i'd seen suggestions of a version of the Siemens module that used USB connectivity, and the Book digital site says that OEMs can customise the Smartbook to allow internal wifi and/or bluetooth as well as GPRS which gave some weight to the argument. Of course, i may be completely wrong

Any ideas for the battery? Its barely useable without it
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9