x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need help with HP 620LX backlight

fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-23 5:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hello!

yesterday the backlight of the display of my 620LX turned off and it refused to turn on. Anyone knowing how to replace it or getting a backup of my data??

Greets,
Marco

EDIT: I know the PDA itself is on because of a hotkey which plays me a sound so I know it is the display, not the OS.

Edited by fragenmensch 2006-08-23 5:32 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-23 8:23 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

You mean you cannot see the screen at all without the backlight? Have you tried connecting it to ActiveSync and getting the data off via the host PC? Does the 620LX have a contrast adjusting feature?

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-08-23 8:25 AM
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-08-23 11:00 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have one which I do not use, and have been meaning to sell.... Perhaps you can buy it for parts or as a new unit. The battery is tiast, but the init is in OK condition, including the screen. Shoot me a PM if you want to replace the LCD.
 Top of the page
fragenmensch
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-25 10:58 AM
#
tenjeangosi - 2006-08-23 8:23 AM

You mean you cannot see the screen at all without the backlight? Have you tried connecting it to ActiveSync and getting the data off via the host PC? Does the 620LX have a contrast adjusting feature?

I sit here in croatia in an internet cafe and not at home :-(
and yeah, 620LX has contrast adjusting, didnt work...

thanks 4 help,
marco
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-25 1:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it is just the backlight that has gone and everything else is working, then there is a fair chance that it is the CCFL that has burnt out (the lamp). It might be possible if you are technically minded to source a replacement, although I cannot help you with sourcing substitutes or even what a substitute would be.

If you get a strong torch and shine it into the screen, do you still see the image?
 Top of the page
fragenmensch
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 11:42 AM
#
C:Amie - 2006-08-25 1:29 PM

If it is just the backlight that has gone and everything else is working, then there is a fair chance that it is the CCFL that has burnt out (the lamp). It might be possible if you are technically minded to source a replacement, although I cannot help you with sourcing substitutes or even what a substitute would be.

If you get a strong torch and shine it into the screen, do you still see the image?

Thanks 4 your answer. I see the image when I put a lamp (and I secured my data with TotalCommander this way); and I think that it is he lamp which burned out, too.
So I thought it might be possible to replace it with a LED; another idea is a neon tube for casemodders. Is it possible to use one of these thin things for my purpose?

Marco
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-07 1:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Okay, I finally managed to put the PDA into parts...I have taken a bunch of photos and will upload them when I have a new light.

Greets,
Marco
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-07 2:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Okay, here now the pictures; but I wasn't able to separate keyboard and plastic.

EDIT: No photos; the forum has a max size of 100KB :-(

Edited by fragenmensch 2006-09-07 2:17 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10