x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

can't connect 620LX to my PC

1 2 3
caity_ally
caity_ally Page Icon Posted 2006-08-26 4:12 AM
#
This probably sounds a bit stupid, but I can't seem to figure out how to connect my 620Lx to my PC. I might be missing something since I haven't touched it in years, and am just starting to ease back into using it. I would love to know if am just not reading the instructions right, or if I have lost something, or whatever else might be wrong.
Thanks so much

~~Caity
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-26 11:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Install ActiveSync 3.8 on your PC from here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/syncsoft/activesync/
Connect the serial cable to your PC's serial port.. Open ActiveSync, go to connection settings, be sure that your COM Port is open and checked, then click 'Get Connected'.. By the way, welcome to HPC:Factor ..
 Top of the page
caity_ally
caity_ally Page Icon Posted 2006-08-26 12:16 PM
#
Thank you so much!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-26 12:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

No problem, tell us if it is working ..
 Top of the page
caity_ally
caity_ally Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 3:04 AM
#
it works on my old laptop, but I cant find the serial port on my newer desktop...
---
I also have a question about your signature: Stargate needs saving? I just started watching it at the begining of the summer (on Space they have old reruns- I think I'm somewhere in the second season... maybe third), but I thought it was still in production.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 3:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can use a serial-to-USB adapter to connect to your desktop computer.
 Top of the page
caity_ally
caity_ally Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 3:11 AM
#
Ill see if I can find one- thanks!
 Top of the page
caity_ally
caity_ally Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 8:47 PM
#
ActiveSync can't find it. Is that a problem with the 620LX or the desktop?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 9:00 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

caity_ally - 2006-08-27 1:04 AM

I also have a question about your signature: Stargate needs saving? I just started watching it at the begining of the summer (on Space they have old reruns- I think I'm somewhere in the second season... maybe third), but I thought it was still in production.

Well, Scifi channel will not renew it for a Season 11 (currently in Season 10), so the petition is for to renew on another network for a possible Season 11... Stargate Atlantis is not affected, and will be renewed for a fourth season on Scifi.. I know Stargate SG-1 has had it's time, but I believe it should go on for just one more season...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-08-28 9:00 PM
 Top of the page
caity_ally
caity_ally Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 9:04 PM
#
Oh... I'm going to sound like I'm twelve or something when I say this, but that sucks. Its a great show and I hope it will go on longer.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 10:02 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yeah, me too, I just want one more season, just to finish the Ori plots..

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-08-28 10:23 PM
 Top of the page
caity_ally
caity_ally Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 10:25 PM
#
I'm glad it went off topic... not that I don't want help with the computer, but I'm a new Stargate addict and I like to know what's going on.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 10:42 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay,
About your new desktop, does it have ActiveSync 3.8 installed? Also, do you mean it does not have a Serial port at all? And, buying a USB IrDA can help as well..

And, about Stargate, yeah, I got into Stargate SG-1 in 2004 and since then Im addicted, I have Seasons 1-8 on DVD..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-29 4:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's been my experience that you have to install the driver for the serial-to-USB adapter even if the PC runs XP. Make sure you have a serial-to-USB adapter with a driver CD - not all of them come with one.
 Top of the page
caity_ally
caity_ally Page Icon Posted 2006-08-29 10:43 PM
#
oh... I got one without a driver CD. I'll see if I can return it and get a new one. Thanks!

I have ActiveSync 4.2, because thats the only one I could download. I can't find the serial port, so I don't think its there... I may have missed something, though. What's a USB IrDA?

Thank you so much for helping me with this!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8