x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

libusb port to 6651

bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 1:39 AM
#
I've got zero knowledge of writing drivers, but how dooable would it to get this driver to the Intermec 6651.
I use a CVS Disposable Camera and that is the driver to use. Since it's all open source I figured it'd be possible to get it all running on a PDA with USB host.

I thought about doing it under linux instead, but nobody has linux for the 6651 (still don't have one yet...damn eBay not being cheap enough ). I've got an 820, but the linux for that doesn't have USB support, so I'm outa luck there.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 3:13 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm not a developer either, so I can't help you - but I admit your "location" on that site is really funny.
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 11:38 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi, I am interested on this usb driver update for the intermec 6651, could you send me the link to with a personal message? Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 11:58 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, netbsd can run on the intermec.. ok not linux
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 12:13 PM
#
CE Geek - 2006-08-27 3:13 AM

I'm not a developer either, so I can't help you - but I admit your "location" on that site is really funny.

Yes I do like KFC, get over it. Call me white trash if you please, but those biscuits are just...well...awesome.

I downloaded the source to libusb and starting messing with it in eVC. I started just trying to compile it to see if it would go at all. I kept getting errors on the #include half of things. So I switched it around a bit from
#include <usb.h>
to
#include "usb.h"
and it stopped complaining. Once I got all those fixed though it started barking at me for stuff that wasn't there. So I went to google, got the right thing, put it in the right place....this worked for one or two of the things until I got to tcl.h, which is one picky piece of code. It keeps saying it's not there even though I've got a tcl.h in the folder with the source...

Right now I'm just trying to build for the jornada 820 because that's the only thing I've got with USB. As soon as I get my paws on an intermec (may be tonight) I'll try it with that.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8