x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Synchronization error with HP360lx

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 7:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I keep getting a synchronization error - "There was no response from your mobile device while checking for out-of-date appointments."

I connect and re-connect and did a soft reset on the HP360lx - to no use!

I'm not going to do another hard reset - it took two days to get all the programs I wanted installed on the device. But it now won't synch any new appointments I add to Outlook on my laptop. And it won't synch any files either.

HELP!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 8:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It sounds like a problem with the connection. Are you using a serial cable or IR? And does ActiveSync disconnect from the device if you leave it that way for a minute or so (without letting the device suspend)?
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 8:55 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have the cradle - and there have been many problems with synchronizing. Right now my PocketPC is synching with the same ActiveSync - no problem.

But no - with the HP360lx, the ActiveSync does not completely disconnect and I can still transfer files via Explore.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 9:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, so it's just the synchronization process that won't play ball. Now I'm wondering if there's a conflict in Outlook. I'm having a similar problem with a couple of Palm OS devices, but haven't had that problem with CE yet. (Dunno the solution either. )
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 9:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The thing is there is no conflict when I synch to the PocketPC. So if there is a conflict with Outlook, it is only with the HP360lx.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 9:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's what I'm suggesting - a specific conflict with the device. Only, to be perfectly honest, I dunno what kind of conflict it could be.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 9:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok - on the device I have HPC Notes and on PocketPC - Phatnotes. I installed the HPCNotes later than the Phatnote - and now Phatnotes no longer shows as an option when I synch the PocketPC, instead there is HPCNotes. The HPCNotes is 3.07 pro. Originally, when I had 3.04 there was a problem since the 3.04 version wanted me to make Outlook my default email client. But the problem with that was I need Outlook Express as my default email client, as only Outlook Express can handle Hotmail accounts. So I replaced the 3.04 with the 3.07 which did not require Outlook to be the default email client and it did synch up, initially. But it seems to removed Phatnotes as a Synch option on ActiveSync for the PocketPC.

Edited by quiche 2006-08-27 9:42 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 11:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I suspect that Outlook is now confused. (I know I am. )
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-08-27 11:35 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

So should I re-install Outlook?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 8