x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM Images

« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Next »
AJenbo (not logedin)
AJenbo (not logedin) Page Icon Posted 2008-06-29 6:55 AM
#
Unfortunatly not, you can usual uninstall things, the othere option you have is just setting the device to off, that will wipe the ram based memory, but the registre and permanent memory will stay as is.
 Top of the page
peterca Page Icon Posted 2008-06-30 12:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

AJenbo (not logedin) - 2008-06-29 6:55 AM

Unfortunatly not, you can usual uninstall things, the othere option you have is just setting the device to off, that will wipe the ram based memory, but the registre and permanent memory will stay as is.

Yes. I don't know how to setting the device to off. I tried to power off, reset, battery off, but can't wipe the software I installed. So I want to hard-restart to back factory.

Today I installed route66 in Axxion, it works, but can not get GPS signal.
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-06-30 8:01 AM
#
the powe off is the one I was talking about. As I said there is no known way to do a hard reset.
try looking at some of the posts about getting the signal to work in tomtom, that might also work for rout66.
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-06-30 8:04 AM
#
try looking for an unistall for the program, probably in the control pannel.
if you don't find one you will have to remove it manualy.
 Top of the page
Moumentai Page Icon Posted 2008-07-11 8:08 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

abarnabe - 2007-09-04 7:48 AM

assuming you laready unlocked the device using ajembo instructions, you need to extract tomtom 6.02 manually with win rar or win zip on a desktop, rename the file names following the instructions in the file_setup.xml, copy it on to the sd card of axxion with the maps.
Using a register editor go to Local Machine\explorer\shell folders. change My documents to sdmmc\maps or the path of the folder where you want to place maps.
install GPStweak
http://sirftweak.networktroubles.org/gpstweak.php
hard reset.
set tomtom to 38400 baud com 7,save and close.
run GPStweak
go to
setup> port to com 7 baud 9600 Sirf .
click on connect.
click on command> switch to nmea, (you should see some data flowing on the screen),
click on disconnect, than exit.
run tom tom, after 30 second the messsage GPS device not found get replaced from waiting for gps signal.
known issues:
1) the blue bars of the signal are not displayed even when the signal is strong.
2) if it hangs up, you need to hard reset and and repeat the GPS tweak.
soft reset is not enough to repeat GPS tweak.

Well I got TomTom 6.02 to work on the Axxion device, however getting the GPS to function properly is a real challange. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get GPS with TomTom. But sometimes, I don't know what I did, it works. But it was very rarely. If it worked, it worked awesomely.

Is there something I might be overlooking?
 Top of the page
bakhit
bakhit Page Icon Posted 2008-07-21 9:43 PM
#
AJenbo - 2007-05-20 2:05 AM

1. Personaly i use myExtensions to registre file format, havent tryed to do it with gsfinder+, if i get good responce on the installer i might make a new one that does registre the formats automatical.

2. The issue with cecmd is that it is the installer that puts it there, i think it was some how injected in to the cab when i was trying to make it work as a desktop exe using part of it's instaler, but yeah it isn't a problem and can just be erased if the user want to.

3. good

Now we just need some one brave with an Axxion GPS-374 or Majestic NP 01 to test it out

you can call me brave , i have AXXION GPS-374 with Destinator Op version 5, but i don't have the Experience that you have, i tryed the all day to understand how kan i use the AJenbo's AXXION files, i mean these files below:

please help me and explain how can i use it to get full wince, i maked pictures for all files of mij AXXION device, i used Microsoft ActiveSync to explore and to get inside the device, so please help me and show me where should i put your files in mij device, step by step

***********************************************************************************************************
file:
Mobile Device
************************************************************************************************************
file:
Mobile Device\Program Files
Mobile Device\Program Files\2577

***************************************************************************************************************
file:
Mobile Device\ResidentFlash
Mobile Device\ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps
Mobile Device\ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps\Destinator
Mobile Device\ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common

****************************************************************************************************************
file:
Mobile Device\ResidentFlash\System
Mobile Device\ResidentFlash\System\default

*****************************************************************************************************************
file:
Mobile Device\sdmmc
Mobile Device\sdmmc\DestinatorApps

******************************************************************************************************************
file:
Mobile Device\Windows

Top of the page
bakhit
bakhit Page Icon Posted 2008-07-21 10:12 PM
#
I am wondering also, because i explored mij device with Microsoft ActiveSync, and i did a copy of (AJenbo's WindowsCE-4.2 winrarfile) inside mij device, but when i do double click on it to get intall, i see only this( look picture below pls)

AJenbo said :
Rename cecmd.exe DShell.exe and copy it to \ResidentFlash\DShell

Reset your device.

Start WindowsCE-4.2.cab

Reset your device.

Does AJenbo mean Rename cecmd.exe (TO) DShell.exe, or what ??and how can i start WindowsCE-4.2.cab, its not cab file it is winrar file, please help me i'm so stupid
 Top of the page
AJenbo (not logedin)
AJenbo (not logedin) Page Icon Posted 2008-07-22 1:43 AM
#
bakhit - 2008-07-21 10:12 PM
Does AJenbo mean Rename cecmd.exe (TO) DShell.exe, or what ??and how can i start WindowsCE-4.2.cab, its not cab file it is winrar file, please help me i'm so stupid

yes renem cecmd.ee (TO) DShell.exe.

once you reset your device you will get a file explorer on your axxion, it is in here you are supposed to run the cab file
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-07-22 12:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Note: WindowsCE-4.2 is a cab file, you just have winamp installed and it has registred cab files as an archive it can extract the content of. On you device it will install as it should.
 Top of the page
bakhit
bakhit Page Icon Posted 2008-07-22 11:03 PM
#
AJenbo - 2008-07-22 12:50 PM

Note: WindowsCE-4.2 is a cab file, you just have winamp installed and it has registred cab files as an archive it can extract the content of. On you device it will install as it should.

I did it i did it i did it

1- i copied at first (WindowsCE-4.2. winrar file) on \ResidentFlash
2- then i renamed (TRE) to (DSHELL) and i copied it on ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps\DShell. i didn't overwrited the old DShell but i renamed it before to DShell.old.
3- i reset my device.
4- then i renamed (cecmd) to (DSHELL) and i copied it on ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps\DShell, it couldn't overwrite the first one at first because it was working, i renamed the first one to (DSHEL), en then it was OK.
5- i reset my device again
6- i saw on my device's screen the (WindowsCE-4.2. winrar file) on \ResidentFlash is converted and changed to WindowsCE-4.2. cab. , i gave hem very big double click on the cab , because he made me crazy yesterday, and then he is installing complete.
7- i reset my device.

so what i saw? so what i saw? so what i saw? so what i saw? .... it works it works it works it works .

thank you AJenbo thank you AJenbo thank you AJenbooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

see the photo's please

Top of the page
bakhit
bakhit Page Icon Posted 2008-07-22 11:08 PM
#
thank you AJenbo, now i,m trying to get igo8 or tomtom on it, i have no idea yet, but now i,m happy to get off from the destinator Op ver. 5.
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-07-23 2:27 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It's grate that it's working, and tows are some nice images you have there
Theres a few post on how to get tomtom to work in this thread (you will need gpstweak).

I updated the read me to reflect some of you feed back.
To all new comers, the link to the install is.
http://anders.jenbo.dk/files/axxion.zip

Edited by AJenbo 2008-07-23 2:50 AM
 Top of the page
bakhit
bakhit Page Icon Posted 2008-07-24 11:10 PM
#
 Top of the page
bakhit
bakhit Page Icon Posted 2008-07-24 11:15 PM
#
the media player plays only audio, no video, if i download Windows Media Player 7.1 from this link, does it help?

see link please. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=343426C5-A7AC-4A6B-A037-64F8C8DEF172&displaylang=en
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-07-25 9:39 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The CE 4.2 update is for the Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder witch you use to build 4.2 files, so you will need the Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder
and then wrap you mind in to building CE images (what i did to make the install) and then copy the files to your residentflash/windows folder. It might be a lot of work for practically no benefit. I don't remember what version of the Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder i used when i made the pack so it might just be the same files. (You should be able to get free cell running this way ).

That media player looks like it is for x86 cpu's your device has an ARM cpu.
You might try this one http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D87D680B-A107-476B-BF98-27963349E0DF&displaylang=en but i would advice you to just install TCPMP, it will play divx and a host of otere formats.
http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/tcpmp.other.cabs.0.72RC1.zip

This might also be of interest
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6A499BCB-46DC-48F2-BB68-484415DF7B21&displaylang=en

Edited by AJenbo 2008-07-25 9:43 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11