x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM Images

« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Next »
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-25 2:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

bakhit's link is also for a really old version of the video-enabled Media Player. The one already in ROM on the device is Media Player 9 Series, right? That should play video - poorly. I second AJenbo's recommendation of TCPMP, though. (Try Geared2003's version, available here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6434&posts=161 )
 Top of the page
bakhit
bakhit Page Icon Posted 2008-07-26 6:49 PM
#
i have now a new problem.

i installed a program in my device, that program helps to use more languages more then english, i mean the rigional language option on the control panel, language looks like chinese and languages from (right to left).

that program was good, but i didn't realy need hem any more on my device, so i wanted to uninstall hem, but when i did, i get error said: the program in use or on work (some thing like that) try later again.
but i didn't have time to wait, so i reset ( soft reset), but when i reset i lost wince and every things, i get only this on my device see pic please:

- i rest again an again nothing helps.
- the power button (turn on) works, but (turn off) doesn't work.
- (soft reset) doesn't work, only ( hard reset) works from the battery switch.
- the big problem, no conection with Microsoft ActiveSync any more, i try soft and hard reset doesn't help, i wait tell battery get empty and i charge it again and i start device but doesn't help!!
- i wait one day may be mij device (change mind), but doesn't help.
- i cry also may be my device listen to me and works again, but nothing help, so what helps?

please help me.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-07-26 6:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It sounds like you may have to start over with the steps you did the first time.

Edited by CE Geek 2008-07-26 6:59 PM
 Top of the page
ajenbo
ajenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-07-27 1:52 AM
#
that's not good, if the device isn't connecting via active sync then it is preaty much dead. what was the program you installee?
it must have changed the load order of the os an added its files to the regulsre ram based folder.
Sadly ther is no known way to hardreset this device. only softreset and emptying the ram storage by powering of.
I regret to say that I do not belive you will get the device to wor again. tryn having it relaced or figure out a way to hard reet it (not just power off).
what was the name of the program you installed and where did you get it?
 Top of the page
bakhit
bakhit Page Icon Posted 2008-07-28 12:59 AM
#
ajenbo - 2008-07-27 1:52 AM

that's not good, if the device isn't connecting via active sync then it is preaty much dead. what was the program you installee?
it must have changed the load order of the os an added its files to the regulsre ram based folder.
Sadly ther is no known way to hardreset this device. only softreset and emptying the ram storage by powering of.
I regret to say that I do not belive you will get the device to wor again. tryn having it relaced or figure out a way to hard reet it (not just power off).
what was the name of the program you installed and where did you get it?

hallo AJenbo

i didn't give up, i try all day to get connection with activesync, at last i used an old trick which i learned from sonyerricsson and that is (press power button with other button on same time) to get USB connetion.
so i did that, and it works on the computer Found new hardware wizard keeps appearing but activesync doesn't connect, or automatically installs.
i try to install manually, i use hardware wizard to find drivers but couldn't find any driver for my device's USB cable.
so the computer recognises my device but ActiveSync doesn't recognise that.
i reinstalled ActiveSync again, but no connection.
i unplug the cable and plug again,but no connection, and (Found new hardware wizard) keeps appearing and asking for driver to install USB.
so which driver do i need? to install USB en connect with ActiveSync??
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-04 7:18 PM
#
Sorry for the late reply.
We don't have the ROM image for this device, it might be posible to extract it from a secound device (i no longer have mine), but you still woun't be able to run any thing on your device as you can't interact with the device in it's current state.
 Top of the page
bakhit
bakhit Page Icon Posted 2008-08-06 1:14 AM
#
AJenbo thank you for the reply.

bij ROM image , do you mean this one? http://rapidshare.com/files/87572113/GNAV10.rar.html.
this is for other device but it looks like AXXION.
if it is not good, i have also the install CD from Destinator Op, i can copy hem and upload it hier.

thanks
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-06 5:16 AM
#
That GNAV things is the equivalent of my installer but it is for the GNAV01 and mine is for AXXION, the devices are set up differently, If you where to install the GNAV files on your AXXION they wouldn't survive a power off, don't bother with it unless you have a GNAV01.
(and no it's not a ROM image)

The destination CD only contains some maps and misc stuff. no ROM images there either

http://buzzdev.net/ has some tools for bringing dead devices back to life, don't know if they will work for you.
you might also want to try http://xda-developers.com/
 Top of the page
WTK
WTK Page Icon Posted 2008-08-26 11:16 AM
#
Hi Folks!

I have an ALEGRO AL-73000 , which is similar to the Axxion GPS-374 I think. On some of these
devices I have tested the GNAV10 files.... Unit becomes dead after Hard Reset. Unfortunatly
I've tried some "tech-tips" from another site got get TT6 running " Disable the PC-Conn pleaze..."
and now the unit become really dead. ( no pic - nothing.... )

Any suggests to handle this problem ?

M'be somebody has flashed some of these units without USB ??? ( Jtag or so...)

I have looked in the axxion.zip file and found that the Windows System files resides (in this
Installation) in the ResidentFlash folder. Is this on the GPS-374 unit the standard folder or
is it to keep the WindowsCE "alive" during a Hard Reset by ON/OFF switch ?

Otherwise if the axxion.zip (WinCE.cab) is installed is ther furthermore need of the Windows
folder which resides in the System Root ?( /Windows)

Cheers to All!

WTK
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-26 2:24 PM
#
yes that folder is nesesery for it to survive power off, i belive jtag requres a flash rom image, there is no public image of the axxion rom, but i dont know if it is posible to generate a rom file from a healthy unnit but that would definatly be use full.
the windows folder on the system root is still neede, both gnav01 and my axxion patch works by extending on the core windows located in that folder.
once you kill the pc connection and the screen breathing life in to the device becomes very hard if not imposible with out a rom immage.
maybe you can revert the changes if your device support autoload from the sd card but that is hard to test now that you do not have a working device.
if the manufacturer still exust you might be able to get to repair it by re flashing it or even getting the rom image from them.
 Top of the page
WTK
WTK Page Icon Posted 2008-08-26 3:50 PM
#
Here we are again - BIG THX for RE to AJenbo 2!

I've got 2 units for the price of 1 ('bout 50 Bucks) 'caus Developer is death as my unit is ;--))
what means he became "invisible" too so there is no chance to get a image / or support
(What's that???)
I've tried to get a flashimage by XDA-Tools but it seems the program can't handle the Hardware
of the AXXION GPS-374/ GNAV10 / HAGENUK ROUTEFINDER 200 or whatever it's name will be...

There are so many Clones based on the e x a c t same Hardware of this unit, that I'm still wondering
why there is just no or minimal Info/Support by Internet to the command of the User

Just for the Arwen GPS Handheld Reference Platform or the Centrality Atlas -1 Unit there are no additional Informations available - or have I something overseen?

In case of using the unit for GPS what SW is practicable for the unit ? It seems that most of the Up-Todate SW still needs a clock of min 3-400HMz otherwise you need a Coffeemachine in your car to bring the (waiting) Time trough... don't tell be about "The good ol' Times": MS Rest in Peace-BillyBoy 2!
Have you ever tried to pull up the SystemClock mechanic /or by Soft???

It seems that for these Softaretools Data-Exchange only by USB is supported, so - in that lucky case - when I got an Image File I cannot transfer it to the dead Unit.

You've wrote that JTAG is possible - do You have more informations as there are the responding pins on the board for Instance ?
L8ter

WTK
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-26 5:50 PM
#
no i wrote that i didn't know excatly how jtag worked
there might be some wires that you can short on the board to hard reset it (bring it back like when you got it out of the box, not just power off power on), on your device there might even be a key combo to do so.
finding that would be almost as valuable as finding a rom immage
flashing a rom image dosent reguire the regulare win ce data connection and you shuld be able to trigger the device in to bootloader (flash) mode via a key combo, short or software from a pc.
the hardware in theas devices are probably not 100% the same. and im preaty shure that the rom image from one type of them wouldn'work on the rest.
though you could probably make some general linux build that would work on most of them.

the programs for ripping roms would probably have to be modifyed a bit to work with theas devices, i guess developers for them are rare as most people wo wants somthing to tinker with goes for the supported pocket pc rather then unsuported hacked cheap gps units

sadly im not much of a developer i havent even compiled a linux build and have only realy worked with visual basic and php code.
 Top of the page
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 1:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello all I'm new to this forum
I'd like to add another GPS navsystem that seems to be another clone of the Axxion GPS-374 (and GNAV10); it's the Majestic/Audiola NAV-P500 (italian market). I have in hands this nav, it's absolutely identic to the already mentioned models; looking for system info, I get:
Windows version: WinCE 4.20
Processor: ARM version 4
Platform: ARWEN2.60_ECO_GPSH117
OEM: Centrality Communications Inc.
Total memory: 60300 Kb
Total RAM: 45268 Kb
Available RAM: 36984 Kb
Total capacity: 15032 Kb
Available Capacity: 15006 Kb

And... guess what? There's a preloaded version of Destinator OP (the SD contains only maps).
However: I have manuals from Audiola/Majestic, I'll try to undestand if an hard reset is possible (and obviously, how to do it eventually). I just tried replacing DShell.exe (that in my nav is located in \ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps\DShell ... different path wrt I've read in this long post) with GSFinder.exe (renaming it, obviously) and it worked; I can use that file manager.
Then I've downloaded the Ajenbo suite (btw, I added your contact in messenger mate )... but I'm a bit scared (also because this nav isn't mine, but of my uncle that gave it to me telling he can't stand Destinator OP no more )... So I'd ask; without hardreset, is there a way to come back to factory settings after applying the AJenbo suite? I'd like to try other navigation software, but I need to know if the unlock process is reversible.
Thanks a lot
Ps: tomtom afaik needs another gps software to work... Does Destinator 7 (the last version?) work flawlessy?
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 3:26 PM
#
The Axxion GPS-374 and GNAV10 are not identical and requres different hacking methodes. But the Majestic is compleatly identical to the Axxion GPS-374 except for a few logos you should be able to use my hack files for it.
Do not use the GNAV10 hack file or it will fall apart after first power off.

Heres the link to my hack files
http://anders.jenbo.dk/files/axxion.zip
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 4:02 PM
#
Minor correction the Axxion GPS-374 and Majestic NP 01 are identical.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9