x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM Images

« Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Next »
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 4:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thx AJenbo... I did not see my model cited in this thread, Majestic and Audiola are two partners but the models could be different (mine is called NAV-P500 EU). Anyway; is there any way to bring back to factory settings the navigator, after the hack is done? Thanks
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 4:07 PM
#
Odd i see now that the GNAV10, Axxion GPS-374 and Majestic NP 01 actually seams to be all the same device but that makes me wonder why the GNAV10 hack files doesn't survive power off, it might be that there are slight differences to the devices or maybe the GNAV10 hack files just isn't that grate
 Top of the page
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 4:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Dunno; anyway I was thinking that a possible way to proceed the (experimental?) hacking of the Audiola NAV-P500 could be as follows:
1 - follow your procedure to unlock an Axxion GPS-374;
2 - if it works: make a complete backup via ActiveSync;
3 - try any software I'd like to
The fact that seems that these gps nav don't have an hard reset function scares me a bit. I've read anywere that many considers a battery running out a sort of hardreset... But seems it doesn't work in most cases.

EDIT:
I've seen in the web that someone told: "hard reset -> switch the ON/OFF trigger to OFF and wait for 30 secs"... Anyone has tested it? In order to test myself I should do a mod.. :-P

Edited by kaylord 2008-08-27 4:44 PM
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 4:44 PM
#
Good news (maybe) to any one who bricked (broak) there device, apparently you can hard reset it by powering it off, powering it back on, hold the reset button, turn on the device and keep holding the reset button for about 30 sec.

To cure this you need to hard reset the device and press the reset button for 20-30 seconds whilst it is booting (apparently). I still haven't quite mastered this, but I have got it to work a few times.

Now i wish i hadn't thrown my device out

GNAV10 was actually completely identical to the two other units but the authored never figured out how to make the changes survive a power off leaving me to believe it was a different type of unit where this was not an issue apologizes to all.

So all info found here is valid for our devices as well
http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=72217
and here
http://web.archive.org/web/20070123104827/www.djshiva.net/projectgnav/
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 5:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi kaylord.
I would be happy to help you hack you device but i think you should start a new topic since your device isn't related to the onces that this topic involves.
So start a new topic and post a link when you have done so.
You should start by detailing all you know about the devices. And where i might be able to get more info.
 Top of the page
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 5:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

uhm... I have some doubt on these procedures... Actually, my NAV-P500 is stucked at the boot startup screen; I simply renamed the Dshell.exe in order to use a file manager, maybe I mispelled the name renaming... anyway, freezed. I tried the hard reset procedure without success. Now I'm turning it off and see what's happen (i have to leave half an hour, then I'll retry the hardreset procedure).
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 5:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

kaylord the device might not be stuck it just dosn't have any shell and there for doesn't know what to draw after it finishes booting, try connecting the usb and see if it connects to your computer, you should be able to go back and correct the name of the Dshell.exe and have every thing back to normal after a soft reset.

Edited by AJenbo 2008-08-27 5:13 PM
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 5:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Oh and please don't run the cab befor you have made sure that your rom memory is named in the same way as the one on the axxion (this is why you should make a new topic and state all the details), or you might end up bricking your device.
 Top of the page
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 5:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok; Ajenbo I thought the same about ActiveSynch and the device, then I tried and managed to get it working again. Can you please give me more details about what to check for? Please notice I read the thread by the very beginning of it, and I found that Dshell.exe is in my device in a different path w.r.t. what is stated in the post (not so different tho). And ok, I will try for hardresetting the device now that it's "clean"; I put some unuseful files in a directory of the device... If the hardreset works, then exploring the rom I should not see these files since the rom should be at the factory default. True that in your opinion?

For the new thread:
I'm quite sure (99.9%) that the device I have in hand is exactly the same as the majestic one. Majestic and Audiola did a join-venture years ago, and actually are two different brands from the same company. The chassis of the device is identical to the Majestic one (and, of course, to the Axxion one), Destinator OP is the default navigation software, infos about the devide I posted in the previous page are identical to the ones I used to search with google (and it takes me to this thread). Off course I could do other checks to find out if we're talking about the same object, and if not I'll open a new thread without problems. Simply I'd prefer not to split this topic if these models are -internally- the same one

Edited by kaylord 2008-08-27 5:56 PM
 Top of the page
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 6:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Looking for some infos on the web... I think that the models that share basically the same hardware are more than just three. In particular, reading for an update for destinator OP, I've seen some models; many of these shares the same case/chassis with Goodmans/Axxion/Majestic/Audiola ones, some others have a lightly different chassis but identical buttons disposition and specifics: here they are:
* Alegro AL 7300 * Audio Concept Traveller * Axxion GPS-374 * Belson BNP-90/-100/-190/-200 * Caliber CALNAV * Goodmans GNAV10 * Hagenuk Routefinder 200 EU * Jucon GPS 3741 * Lenco Nav-400/-500 * Majestic NO 01/Easy Way * Match NAVI 100 * Mx Onda MX-GPS 7235/ 7239 * Trevi NAV 3900 * X-Road X300

Could this be useful?

EDIT: from the GNAV10 user manual:
"perform the hard reset as follows: Slide the ON/OFF swith on the bottom of the device to the OFF position initially and back to ON after 2 seconds"
But... it doesn't work.

Edited by kaylord 2008-08-27 6:22 PM
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 7:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yeah that isn't a real hard reset but just a cold boot. Blame Goodmans for mixing up the termonoligy.
Thanks for the device name list.
 Top of the page
WTK
WTK Page Icon Posted 2008-08-27 7:49 PM
#
Here we are again...

@ kaylord "Telefunken TGPS-374" is one of this units too.

@ AJenba: The freezing of some units, on which gnav10 files are installed, causes
in my Opinion by the cab files which are used for it. The cust400.cab always
use %Windows% (= /Windows !) for the installing of CE. The Registry
will be (after modification rename Dshell.exe=cecmd or what ever) untouched.
If a (pseudo) HardReset takes place the launch60 points of a non existing target
because /Windows has been renewed = no explorer.exe exist. maybe parking of the
Explorer.exe in the / (Root) will be helpfull?
(in case Registry has been modified from DShell.exe to explorer.exe)
The savion in this case is the using of the ResidentFlash folder for additional
CE files, this is the most important difference between axxion.zip / ,vs.- GNAV10 I think.
The hardware seems to be the same, some folders can be different also the sw
( sometimes Dest. LT or OP or ND resp. Maps and last not least : the boot Logo )

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
WARNING! Never disable the PC-Connections in the System, otherwise you can't
- in case of freezing Start Logo - edit the Registry >> Unit is locked / blocks!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Q1? Is there a possibility to modify the init section of the REG. so the missing
or modified DShell.exe won't crash/damage the hole System?
Maybe a script Interpreter (nfrun.exe for example) so we got an error handler
to catch the the Systemcalls when the System is instable or in error mode.
At it's best the System will be checkt (AutoRunCE /Autorun?) at the boot time
to verify the neccessary files ( explorer.exe exist? no? > copy it to /Windows!
Reg init launch60 = "" ? or NOT $ "explorer.exe" copy $ in it !

Q2? What are your expieriences about autorun AutoRunCE /2577/ & Co ?
I found that my AL-73000 never run these files automaticlly, I always have to
start the cabfile by clicking, any offered "autostart SD Cards" won't "play".

L8ter

WTK
 Top of the page
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-08-28 3:55 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

AJenbo - 2008-08-27 5:14 PM

Oh and please don't run the cab befor you have made sure that your rom memory is named in the same way as the one on the axxion (this is why you should make a new topic and state all the details), or you might end up bricking your device.

What's the rom memory's name in the Axxion device ?
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-28 4:27 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

@WTK: It's AJenbo not AJenba... i'm not a girl x)
Yes ProjectGNAV uses the ram (\windows) instead of ROM (\ResidentFlash\windows) like my axxion.zip
There is no reason to make a scrip to copy the files to \windows as they can just run directly from \ResidentFlash\windows by just adding that path the the standard search path in the registry (that is what my axxion.zip does).
I would be a good idea to add a launch for the SD card in case some thing is deleted/goes wrong or you want to test some different files.
In fact that is how i tested the different dll's programs and exe from the platform builder, by mapping \SDMMC\windows as the first folder to look for files. That way if some thing bad happened i could just remove the SD and the system would load from \windows and \ResidentFlash\windows instead.

There was no AutoRun /2577/ or equivalents as fare as i could find, but this could be solved by adding \SDMMC\2577\autorun.exe to the system init launch. I believe theres an autorun.exe that will launch all cab files in the folder floating around on the interwebs.

@kaylord: /ResidentFlash/
 Top of the page
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-08-28 4:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

AJenbo - 2008-08-28 4:27 AM
I would be a good idea to add a launch for the SD card in case some thing is deleted/goes wrong or you want to test some different files.
In fact that is how i tested the different dll's programs and exe from the platform builder, by mapping \SDMMC\windows as the first folder to look for files. That way if some thing bad happened i could just remove the SD and the system would load from \windows and \ResidentFlash\windows instead.

That's interesting... Also because until we know how to hardreset this device this method can prevent irreversible damages to the system (afaik, if the device is stucked and activesync can't connect, the device is lost).

AJenbo - 2008-08-28 4:27 AM
@kaylord: /ResidentFlash/

K, that's identical to mine. What about different paths? My Dshell.exe is placed in \ResidentFlas\DestinatorApps\Dshell directory. Could this lead to a faulty installation of your hack?
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10