x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-09 9:48 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

My dad bourght about 15 from the guy that bourght the remainger of the once coop didn't sell during there campain (about 10000 units I belive) we are selling them for about 300$ witch is around half of the normal price.

I noticed a sticker that sayes "Win CE .NET 4.2 Core" and in t
e controle pannel it sayes that the cputype is "Centralaity Communications INC., ARM-ATLAS". I still dount know its speed but it is able t run duke3d at 36 fps so must be a decent one.

edit: the tool I used to extract files from the rom is onni got from buzzdev.net I belive it was used to extract magneto from the xda2 in order to make updated win mobil 5 rom images for other xda2s and as fare as I'm aware the extracted files seams to be valid.

Edited by AJenbo 2006-10-09 10:24 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-09 10:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i wonder if this is what you have:

http://www.centralitycomm.com/index.html?content=http%3A//www.centralitycomm.com/atlas2.htm

"The Atlas II navigation processor incorporates several key features requisite to meeting this objective: high functional integration, multimedia capability, and leading GPS performance. By integrating a high-speed ARM926EJ, DSP, GPS baseband, high-speed peripherals (such as CF, ATA-4 Hard Disk, SDIO 2D Graphics, NAND-Flash bootloader, and a high speed serial interface (USB 2.0), the Atlas II reduces bill-of-materials costs by up to 20% while enabling full-featured navigation and personal multimedia"

Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-09 3:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sounds about right: hold one ill pick it apart to ceck....

spu and memory has both been enclosed inside boxes with some heavy soldering to sheeld them from radiation and praying eyes

The battery is custome made by TCL and named GPS-374, it's 3.7V 1300
mAh but since thows a preaty standard values and it has a preaty easy plug it would be easy to replace with somthing with a longer lasting charge, thers also alot of empty space for doing so....
The battery is held down by a metal clip with 2 screws again thos makes it easy to replace with a different battery.

the bigest exposed chip has this on it
WM
WM9712G
57AKSBQ

On the back side there was a small chip that is probably for audio (it's right where the wire for the speaker is soldered) but the text was to small for me to clearly see.

If any one else wants to try and open there unit hers some instructions, remove the 4 scews from the back, use a big screwdriver to gently lift the back lid off it's hok in the top center, open the device untill it comes off its hinges in the bottom.
When removeing the board, first unscrew the 2 screws holding it then free the usb connector from the casing, you can then esaly lift it up (as long a s the wires connected on the back will alow it).

Hers some pictures to go with that as well, unfortuanly i am at home now and do not have acces to my dad nice camera so this is done withte the ppc's camera.

eidt: fixed pictures thers a bug in the forum where what it sugest is the wrong syntaxt
By the way i also edited my previues post to include info about the rom extracting tool i used.

edit2: images still wasn't showing.... dumb case censitive unix server

Edited by AJenbo 2006-10-09 3:09 PM
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-09 10:57 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm still playing around with some of the dlls from Cmonex's site no luck so fare but for some reason a "to web" button has appared in ceplayer.
Heres a list of the files already on the system, i noticed that some has similare names to the other dll's i dowloaded and a few are already there.
BKLCTL.cpl
connpnl.cpl
cplmain.cpl
intll.cpl
stguil.cpl
system.cpl

acmdwarp.dll
afd.dll
asyncmac.dll
atlasser.dll
atserisr.dll
audevman.dll
autoras.dll
aygshell.dll
battdrvr.dll
binfs.dll
ceddk.dll
cefioj.dll
ceshell.dll
commctrl.dll
commdlg.dll
coredll.dll
crypt32.dll
ctlbck.dll
cxport.dll
ddi.dll
dhcp.dll
dsp.dll
dxmasf.dll
eap.dll
eapchap.dll
eaptls.dll
ethman.dll
fatfsd.dll
fatutil.dll
flashdrv.dll
fsdmgr.dll
gps.dll
headset.dll
htmlview.dll
IECEExt.dll
iphlpapi.dll
ipv6hlp.dll
jscript.dll
keybddr.dll
lightsdr.dll
mfcce400.dll
mlang.dll
mmtimer.dll
mp3mod.dll
msasn1.dll
msdmo.dll
msdxm.dll
msim.dll
mspart.dll
ndis.dll
ndispwr.dll
ndisuio.dll
ne2000.dll
ne2000isr.dll
netbios.dll
netmui.dll
netui.dll
newflashdrv.dll
nspm.dll
ntmssp.dll
ole32.dll
oleaut32.dll
olece400.dll
pm.dll
pmu.dll
ppp.dll
pptp.dll
prnerr.dll
prnport.dll
pwrbutton.dll
quartz.dll
redur.dll
regenum.dll
rra_stm.dll
rsaenh.dll
schannel.dll
sdmmc.dll
sdmmc_loader.dll
secur32.dll
shcore.dll
shdocvw.dll
shlwapi.dll
softkb.dll
spnego.dll
ssllsp.dll
tapi.dll
tcpip6.dll
tcpstk.dll
tmpi2c.dll
termctrl.dll
touch.dll
unimodem.dll
urlmon.dll
usb_ser.dll
utldrv.dll
vgd.dll
wavclick.dll
waveapi.dll
wavedev.dll
webview.dll
wininet.dll
winsock.dll
wmadmod.dll
wmsdmod.dll
ws2.dll
ws2instl.dll
wspm.dll

Cmonex did you recive me mail, sorry for being a bit eager
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-11 8:41 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hmm I'm running in to a few problems here.
I tryed wceloadext.exe but it did not seam to alow me to install other cab's, I set it to make no checks and alow all versions but the install still exits as soon as the install bar appears.

I went to MS and got all the files for CE 5 and build an fully featured arm version, i have tested a few of the apps on my ppc (WM5.1) and they all seams to be running (except for the once that are not alowed on ppc) some of them are not very qvga frindly though.

I then took explore.exe and used Dependency Walker and peinfo.exe to scan for it's dependancys then got ExecutabilityCheck.exe to lower all the dll's and the exe os dependancy from 5.0 to 4.0 and changed all dll links and names to *5.dll when i copy it to the GPS and try to run it it emidiatly fails saying it is missing some thing.
I then tryed copying the entire windows folder to a sd card incuding the modefyed files when i then try to run it it thinks a bout it for a while and then again comes with a error about dependency, so there must be some dependency that the 2 apps arent detecting, currently i realy do not feel like modefying all dll files in the windows folder, atleast not manual so does any one have any ideas?

Note i had the same thing when trying to run the ce5 apps on my ppc, most did not run at first even though i checked dependencys and copyed the requred files, but when i included the entire windows folder just about all of the programs worked.

Another thing that has been pusseling me is that the version that i build registres as ARM THUMB processor and most other files that I have tested is just ARM might this be the problem?
The processor in my ppc is an ARM XSCALE.

I hope you have some advice for me at this point, I realy need to get a sip keyboard and some kind of taskbar working and modefying 550 files by hand doesn't sound like much fun.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-11 11:48 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh you never told why the cabs wouldn't install.
you need a better fileopendialog. until that, go to the registry to hklm/software/apps/microsoft application installer/ and turn faskdest OFF by specifying a 0 instead of the default 1.
side effect is that all the apps will install in RAM but you can relocate them to the memory card later.

the thumb enabled arm mode shouldn't be a problem if the ppc has xscale. will run both thumb enabled and not enabled arm stuff.

maybe you should use PB 4.2 if the device runs 4.2. 5.0 isn't fully compatible.

what about telling me what execheck reports for one such app that won't run without the whole windows folder.
anyway you can try and delete the files one by one from the windows folder and see when your app stops running.

sip keyboard, check out my site maybe the one hosted there will work.

for taskbar you need explorer.exe and its dependencies. how far did you get with this?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-11 11:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2006-10-11 5:15 PM

AJenbo - 2006-10-11 6:41 AM
i have tested a few of the apps on my ppc (WM5.1) and they all seams to be running

Hey, sorry for making this thread off-topic, but your PPC really runs Windows Mobile 5.1? I thought there was only 5.0 so far.. Just curious..

no, not 5.1.
the OS itself is 5.0, but subversion says 5.1.195 on my qtek 9000 for example
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-11 12:33 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yeah excatly sorry for the confusion, mine is a qtek 2020

Actualy i dont need a better file opening dialog, i just need one because curenly there is non and all apps crashes when browsing for files unless they have a custome file opening dialog, i did actualy mention this

Well if i knew how to get PB 4.2 i would have , i could only find 5.0 at ms, any links hints guides etc?

Actualy it looks like sip is already there, i tryed the one on your site as well as a few other but it seams i need the tray in explore to envoke it

About my progress on getting 5.0 apps running in 4.2, when i change the os version in the exe the 4.2 loads the icons correctly and the more time i spend conversing dll's the longer it seams to take befor i get an dependancy error, but other then that I have only had sucess with one program so fare.

The GPS unit might not be a XSCALE so maybe that is the problem? lucaly i build 2 different arm versions so the other is probably the right one....

im going to make a scrip for changing the os version for all the files and go watch some tv then come back and report on how well (or not) it worked.

Oh, the one app that does run is sdauthutildevice.exe at the buttom of it i can just make out "ARM THUMB V4" so maybe this is a THUMB after all..., the program seams to be somthing for running a program in conjunction with a desktop, it has a list of IP's (only 127.0.0.1 currently) and a start and exit button, on the top it sayes "Click the start button, then launch the desktop component of the application.".
It is dependant on commctrl.dll COREDLL.dll and WS2.dll and is a THUMB compiled file, all 3 dll's are already in my windows folder.

Edited by AJenbo 2006-10-11 12:41 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-11 1:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mm it would be really easier to just install PB 4.2.... contact chiark for a download link. if he doesn't give it to you, i'll find and send the online installer which will pull the downloads and install them for you..

so what about explorer.exe, you forgot to answer that one.

did you try disabling the faskdest - that's your problem when installing, because wceload tries to use the fileopendialog which isn't there
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-11 4:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Believe me if I get explore working you will know about it
I still have to try a few things but so fare it doesn't look like 5.0 explore will run in 4.2.

I disabled faskdest and it has allowed me to install allot more cab's though the big TomTom cap still fails the same way, oh well I was just going to install it as a joke any way.

OMG!, just now I got annoyed at TCPMP because it still didn't work after installing rater then copying it, and it had this wired "bug" where every time I taped the screen (pressing the hardware buttons works as normal) after trying to start it the hour glass would appear and the device hang for a sec until I reset the device, so I started tapping a beat on the screen making the hour glass spin continually and all of a sudden TCPMP appeared
Unfortunately the gapi drivers wont work for it so I have to resort to gdi and video playback is very laggy (to be fair it's a peaty heavy m4v I'm testing).
hmm Tcpmp seams to be loading peaty normal after this so maybe it just had to resolve something very complex and permanent

I also found that the HPC version of Total commander work, but that's the one for devices with a keyboard... the other one also depends on ayshell.dll so maybe I can get it running with a different version and some dll hacks.
I find that I produce allot of "ILLEGAL MOVE" (accidentally dragging on an icon) or "CANNOT RENAME" (not tapping fast enough on the name) with GSfinder, it might be an issues with the touch screen as it seams to be a bit low in quality but I don't get this as much with TC, I could also experiment with the sensitivity of the screen I guess, oh well.

I'll send chiark a PM and give explore 5.0 a few more tries, thanks allot guys you are being very helpful.

edit: spell checking, I fell bad that you guys has to stutter threw my bad spelling

Edited by AJenbo 2006-10-11 4:29 PM
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-11 6:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Got the ppc version of TC and RAR running with FK's aygshell.dll (#13), unfortunatly TC was not able to force in the keyboard so thers either somthing missing or somthing different but atleast now it looks like i will probaly be able to get a lot more apps up and running.
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-11 11:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i seam to be having problems with the ceshell and commctrl from 5.0 dependencys when trying to to get explore running in 4.2 ill try some alternatives for thows 2 files but if that doens't work i think ill give up the 5.0 explore.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-12 9:06 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

get PB 4.2.. if chiark doesn't answer, i'll (or TFGBD) get you the links soon!
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-12 10:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ok ok ill resort to asking people directly for help even though it's not my style
Actually I sent TFGBD a pm a day or two ago (got a reply to day) since it looked like he might have the right files from some of his other post (Yeah I do search allot after all that is how I found this topic )

I didn't get a chance to test out the explore 5.0 with dll's form your site today but ill give it a shot again tomorrow is I'm not busy working with PB 4.2

Edit:
I just noticed that TCPMP actualy shows the clock speed of the cpu, it's 188mhz.

Edited by AJenbo 2006-10-12 11:16 PM
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-10-13 6:36 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'll just start it off with a couple of shots as a picture can say more then a thousand words (or so i have been told).

With a little help from TFGBD (explore.exe 4.2 and some tips) I now have just about every thing working, I have file dialogs, sip keyboard more apps runs with out hacks. And now for the bad news, it turns out that the reset button is a software based reset so just when you really need it doesn’t work and you will have to resort to the battery dipswitch (AKA hardreset), locally the registry is based in the NAND and if you install your programs to the ResidentFlash or a SD-cards then they will be ok as well.
So fare I have only had this issue PocketRAR, but just encase you should keep a copy of explore and any other files that you have added to the ram memory backed up so you can quickly put it back where it should be.

Before I had explore I got pocketRAR running by swapping the aygshell.dll but that one didn't even display gui before locking the device after i got explore .

The Dshell.exe is actually launched by a file in ROM called launch.exe in \windows witch is inturn started via the HKLM\init sting "Laynch60".

Hers a quick step by step guide to crashing this thing quick.
Replace \ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps\DShell.exe with a registry editor (I use TRE.exe), copy gx.dll and explore.exe to \windows.
Reset the device.
brows to HKLM\init, you can edit Laynch60 to point to explorer.exe instead of launch.exe and after a reset you would be done, but if you mess it up you might have a dead device instead of a H/PC so I suggest you make a new string called Launch80 and have it point to explorer.exe and then reset your device to test it, if it works then brows to HKLM\init and remove Laynch60.
Enjoy your new HPC.

Ill see if I cant make some clever Hack-O-Matic for this device like suggested in "200 Mini terminals won't run apps I need", the device does allow exe to start installs but doesn’t seam to autorun SD-cards, but you can run installs from active sync so I guess that’s the way to go, I’ll just have to look a how the 3 cabs that did install with out and then I think it can be pulled off.

Oh and one note, it seams most dialogs arent build for qvga screens but it's not a real big problem.
Also the device does suspend once the battery hits a certin low giving you some time befor the ram is cleared.
And one more thing, i can do gapi in TCPMP now.

Edited by AJenbo 2006-10-13 6:46 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9