x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM Images

« Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... Next »
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-28 5:38 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If it's \ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps\DShell.exe then you should be good to go, the only thing that might be an issue is if the registry isn't presistant. but i don't think that would brick it, just make it run the \ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps\DShell.exe after a cold boot.
 Top of the page
WTK Page Icon Posted 2008-08-30 8:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

@ AJenbo:

I've tested the option with 30sec RST, won't work at my (dead) unit. :-O

Now I' ll try the axxion.zip way to another unit, m'be furthermore I am able to get the
ROM on SD, but first there are some questions to your package:

? Is it a must to use TRE and the circumstances by copying/renaming; 'caus
it's much easier to edit the REG by an external Reg-Editor (REG-Workshop)
isn't it?

? You use the TRE /REG_WS or what ever to set the fAskKey to 0, so far so
good, I think you do so to make shure that your CE.cab file will be copied
in the ResidentFlash folder (?) don't you?.
? In matter of installing this cab it will be OK, but later, If you want to install
SW, You got no choice to install additional SW on a SD Card f.i. 'caus the
dialog to do so has been disabled by setting the fAskKey to "0" isn't it??

Cheers & Nice Weekend to ALL

WTK
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-08-31 3:52 AM
#
i set the key to 0 because there with out explorer.exe the install will fail at that point.
as i remember it, the installer will set it to 1 again, if i forgot that bit then you are free to do so your self after the install.
the install is forced to the resident flash no mathere what path you would chuse, so that is not the reason. when you make an installer you have to honer the users choive by adding somthing like %userpath% at the biginning of the paths you write.
you will see this with some installers where some files always go to the same path no mathere what you picked as the destination.
sure you can use a different methode to edit the reg. This was just free and always avalible.
 Top of the page
WTK Page Icon Posted 2008-09-02 1:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

@AJenbo

Package was installed succesfully, within GAPI cames on board in an old version.
Are there any reasons to use the old version, or is it possible to update the package?
( The 4.02 Version Package prefers % InstallDir% Resp. %Windows%!! to install the Soft)
In case I would install GAPI 4.02 by the CAB File are there any probs because the
splitting /Windows folders?
Cheers
WTK
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-09-02 2:48 AM
#
I used that gapi because it worked really well when i tested it
Feel free to update it, putting it in \residentflash\windows will make it survive a power off and make it available to all programs.
You should try to move any files that is put in \windows\ to \residentflash\windows\ you can use cecmd.exe (total commander) to see what files in that folder are not in ROM. other then that there shouldn't be any issues.
Maybe we should look in to a way of telling software that the windows folder is \residentflash\windows\ so that software will be installed there.
 Top of the page
WTK Page Icon Posted 2008-09-03 6:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

XXX WARNING! XXXX

If some of you have a GNAV10 (or what ever it will be named) and think that the GNAV10.RAR will help you if you have
a broken device take care to use the file/folder called -Resident Flash Backup- that comes with GNAV10.RAR !
In this file there is a folder called "GreeceE" where you can find a map of greece, not a ROM or what ever you dream of!
It resides in the /Resident Flash Backup/DestinatorApps/Destinator/ folder. If you copy this folder to your device it's possible
to flush the (poor) memory of the little unit with JUNK! So take care what you do !
The consequenzes of filling the /ResidentFlash folder with JUNK/GREASE are not cleared yet !
Cheers & L8ter

WTK
 Top of the page
gaga3000 Page Icon Posted 2008-10-21 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi,

i need help cause i have issues with my lenco nav-400.

i used the goodmans nav hack and did a hard reset so i wasnt able to get behind the start logo.
active sync was possible.

then i tried "AJenbo" here posted: http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=72217&whichpage=10 hack, cause i hoped it would help.

i did as described:

"Copy WindowsCE-4.2.cab” to the root of your device.

Rename TRE.exe to DShell.exe and copy it to \ResidentFlash\[Destinator\]DShell
(I suggest renaming the original DShell.exe.old instead of overwriting it)

Reset your device."

now i even dont get an active sync connection working and navi isnt starting - just the "lenco" logo is displayed.

what can i do getting my navi back to life?

Edited by gaga3000 2008-10-21 5:49 PM
 Top of the page
gaga3000 Page Icon Posted 2008-10-22 2:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

update: after resetting the device once again the way AJenbo described someposts above (hard reset with keeping the soft reset button pressed for 30 seconds) its possible to active sync connect.

in fact i dont know, if it was because of the reset method or another issue wich was resolved after rebooting my pc and replugging the usb cable.

never the less i neither can use the navi nor can access the win ce desktop - just active sync connection, copying files, remote editing the reg is possible.

any hints, how to get my system to work?
 Top of the page
Schumi76 Page Icon Posted 2008-10-24 4:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,
I come from Germany and, unfortunately, can hardly English. That is why this text Translated by Google.

I am the proud owner of a "route finder Hagenuk 200 EU"
The device is identical with the "Goodmans GNAV10"
Here's a heartfelt thank you for the good referring to the page where you can make the workplace.
I would like a newer navigation tool.
So far, nothing goes
IGO8 recognizes not the GPS antenna, and other programs do not start properly. Does anyone here have a hint Pragramm what works?

Thank you very much

Edited by Schumi76 2008-10-24 4:21 PM
 Top of the page
BasB
BasB Page Icon Posted 2008-12-05 7:37 AM
#
Hi, Can some one emial me the zip file to? many thanx.
Digitale.Camera@gmail.com

Great work by the way- repect!
 Top of the page
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-12-10 5:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I need the zip file too, thanks in advance :-P I decided to go for the hack, actally Destinator OP5 is really unusable, let's go for something better or burn this device :-P
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-12-10 6:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I sent it to your MSN address i hope it's also a valid email for you.

Oh and lol to your comment

by the way, i just need to set up the DNS and then the link should work again
 Top of the page
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-12-11 2:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah man, arrived, thanks
NOw I've got to go out for a while... when i'll be back i'll start to apply the hack (crossfingering :-P)
I'll let you know
 Top of the page
kaylord Page Icon Posted 2008-12-13 5:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ohhhh yeah! Desktop of winCE in my face! :-D
I can confess I was a little bit scary because paths on the Audiola/Majestic variant are a bit different; for instance, DShell is located in ResidentFlash\DestinatorApps\DShell. I did - to be sure - a copy of the files in these specific location AND in the one you tell in the readme and everything went ok
Now it's time to try a bit of navigation software I guess the most recent working on this platform seems to be destinator 8, true that?
Ah, by the way... I'm still wondering if there's a way to hard reset this toy and get back to factory defaults... All the above mentioned methods didn't work :-S but I'm sure that there's a way; it's a nonsense to sell a GPS system without the possibility of getting an hardreset ! :-|
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2008-12-14 2:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Glad it worked for you as well, a few people have been able to install tom tom if that is of interest to you.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.50 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 13