x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-05-01 12:19 PM
#
you forgot to point the start op process back to the destinator app, alternatly you can put back explorer and run destinator as a normal application. You can eztract ezplorer from the cab with winrar (it needs to be renamed)
 Top of the page
Janos Page Icon Posted 2009-05-01 1:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank You, AJenbo!
Can you please help me out? How to point back the startup to Destinator?
And if i copy back explorer...how can i start it?

Best regards,

Janos
 Top of the page
ajenbo
ajenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-05-01 3:34 PM
#
if you did;t change the start up part, explore should start up automaticaly once you rset the device.
 Top of the page
Janos Page Icon Posted 2009-05-01 4:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I copied back the explorer to windows directory (is explorer.exe the one called EXPLORER.15 in WindowsCE-4.2.cab?).
I reset the device but still doesn't start anything.
The init part of my registry looks like that:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init]
"Launch20"="device.exe"
"Launch30"="gwes.exe"
"Depend30"=hex: 14,00
"Launch70"="GpsMc.exe"
"Depend70"=hex: 1E,00
"Depend60"=hex: 14,00,1E,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]
"SystemHive"="System\\System.hv"
"ProfileDir"="System\\"
"RegistryFlags"=dword:00000001
"Flags"=dword:0000000F

It is missing the Launch60 line...shouldn't have it?

Best regards,

Janos

P.S. I seem to killed permanently my device... :-(
I pointed the Launch20 line to explorer.exe which i copied both to windows directory and the root of the device.
I reset the device, after reset explorer still doesn't start but no more activesync to device.
This is not my day...

Edited by Janos 2009-05-01 4:51 PM
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-05-02 5:35 AM
#
sadly i belive you are right, device.exe and gwes.exe are both critical for the device, you should have simply added launch60 and pointed it to explorer.exe, gpsmc.exe is'nt critial so you could also have used it.
 Top of the page
Janos Page Icon Posted 2009-05-02 8:12 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

AJenbo - 2009-05-01 12:35 PM

sadly i belive you are right, device.exe and gwes.exe are both critical for the device, you should have simply added launch60 and pointed it to explorer.exe, gpsmc.exe is'nt critial so you could also have used it.

My only chance would be flashing the device again with original firmware (which isn't available) from SD-card.
As far as i know, we don't even know how to enter SD-car recovery mode, and don't have a recovery image...
 Top of the page
Ajenbo
Ajenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-05-02 9:14 AM
#
that is correct
 Top of the page
unlimuser Page Icon Posted 2009-05-31 9:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I cannot start on Axxion GPS-374 (Majestic NP-01, Trevi NAV 3900, Goodmans GNAV10) many applications (OziExplorer, Navitel, Garmin, Cecmd.exe (Total commander)), and always receive error "Cannot find '...' (or one of its components)...". I probably copy DLL's and change in hex-mode this apllications - not help. Where is mistake? Please help me resolve this problem or give link to work-copy of this applications... Thanks.

p.s. iGO started and work perfect.
 Top of the page
unlimuser Page Icon Posted 2009-06-02 5:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

AJenbo - 2009-05-31 10:10 PM

It is an installer that you will need to run from the PC.

Thanks. Garmin, Total commander and iGO installed and started without problems, but cannot find GPS-device.
 Top of the page
torquemada Page Icon Posted 2009-06-06 4:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well I think its safe to say I've gone and bricked a buddies gnav10 for him...after installing the pgnav1 files I managed to unlock the device and access windows and even added Sygic McGuider software and had it running a treat! Unfortunately,whilst trying to add a newer version of destinator something went t1ts up somewhere along the line and now the screen wont respond to touch anymore! I'm not holding my breath but before compounding issues thought I should ask if any of you guys know if attempting to add the axion set of files will give me any hope of resurrecting this paperweight? TIA for any response given...
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-06-07 4:28 AM
#
it might. are you able to connect to the device via active sync? and can you transfere files to it.
in that cace you should be able to transfere the files to the device manualy and use an ezternal registr editor to correct the registry manualy.
you will need winrar to extract the files from the cab and then read the install instructions from the xml file.
 Top of the page
torquemada Page Icon Posted 2009-06-07 2:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

In a fashion...I'm running vista on this m/c so I've got to use "windows mobile device centre" but I can browse the contents and add stuff to it. WINRAR isn't a problem as I use that loads.The snag I have is my external registry eitor (a trial copy of registry workshop 4.1.0 by torchsoft) which will let me open folders that contain other folders but as soon as I try it with one containing no others i.e. just that particular file it crashes on me! As you can probably gather I'm not too clued up on registry mods but am keen to learn....I would include pics showing the contents of the device but I cant figure out how IMG links work on this paticular forum
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-06-07 3:37 PM
#
hmme there probably is a command line tool in windows for this, try googeling a bit around.

as for pictures just post the link and we will go to it oure selfs
 Top of the page
torquemada Page Icon Posted 2009-06-07 3:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

will post some pic links in the am then...bed's a calling (got an early start!) thanks for sticking with me
 Top of the page
torquemada Page Icon Posted 2009-06-08 3:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

As promised,here's a bunch of screenies of whats lurking on this GNAV10...

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/sw4ck6.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/119q9zt.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/292n0hv.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/wbdu0j.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/6gl83p.jpg[IMG]

Edited by torquemada 2009-06-08 4:54 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11