x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2009-08-04 5:40 PM
#
Thanks for your answer Ajenbo,
I can't access the main memory.
I did try Registry Workshop and CeRegistryEditor, ....I'm not able to connect with them too.
Do you know what's the name of the files were the register is saved and if there's a back up with factory defaults?
If I could find them and rename them....
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-08-04 7:35 PM
#
There is no back up, and with no access to the device or its registry the device is little more then a calculator (assuming that will still run).
 Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2009-08-05 11:53 AM
#
I can still use the command prompt
parhaps I could use it to enter register keys and values manually
do you have a back up of the driver folder?

Console Registry Tool for Windows - version 3.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. 1981-2001. All rights reserved

REG Operation [Parameter List]

Operation [ QUERY | ADD | DELETE | COPY | SAVE | LOAD | UNLOAD | RESTORE | COMPARE | EXPORT | IMPORT ]

Return Code: (Except of REG COMPARE)

0 - Succussful
1 - Failed

Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2009-08-15 2:55 AM
#
active sync is back !
after days of deep dive, i found out that even if your device is dead you can activate the usb by :
-turning on the device ( without usb plug)
-keep pressed the power button, insert usb plug( while keep pressing the power botton)
-after 15/ 20 seconds active acive sinc is connected !

I can browse the content of the device and use register work shop
unfortunately during many previous attempts I used the format tool. so I have maybe deleted more stuff...
 Top of the page
AndrewG
AndrewG Page Icon Posted 2009-09-03 7:04 AM
#
HI. Can I apply axxion.zip patch to my GNAV10 device?
best regards Andrew
 Top of the page
torquemada Page Icon Posted 2009-09-03 7:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Before you do any chance you can make a full copy of your existing files and share it? I've got one here thats ever so slightly bricked after going down that road in as much as the screen wont respond to any input when its tapped.
I'd also suggest not risking the axxion mod unless you fancy joining me in the bricked GNAV10 club...the original contributor of this mod no longer has one of these devices so support is somewhat iffy If you do want to try modding I'd suggest getting some other win ce device to try it on as these Goodman's devices don't take kindly to it and theres absolutely no support from Goodman's themselves if all goes t1ts up on you.
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-09-03 8:54 AM
#
The devise shuld be the same just with a different name, so the mod should work with out problems.
You can't copy the files like Torquemada sugested, but you could copy/backup the registry witch might also benifit you if you need to recover the device at some point.
You might also be able to dump the rom image but as of now we don't have a way of loading a raw dump of the rom, and the tools I tried to use to dump the rom did not work.
With no way to flash or hardrest the device is very unforgiving to any mistakes you may make so be carfull.
 Top of the page
AndrewG
AndrewG Page Icon Posted 2009-09-03 8:58 AM
#
I have two: Axxion and goodmans. Axxion has no active sync connection coz I deleted some registry autostart settings. Goodmans does have active sync connection but there was no desktop on the screen. A minute ago I 've put in SD card from axxion do goodmans' gps and voila, I have a working gps with My Computer and recycle bin on the desktop. Do you want me to do backup of this SD card? regards
 Top of the page
torquemada Page Icon Posted 2009-09-03 9:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm open to trying anything although I did copy the SD card on this one before messing with it so I doubt it will have anything I haven't already got..but who knows?
 Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2009-09-12 8:03 AM
#
I sent the bricked device to service and they sent me back a new unit , same model , but upgraded firmware,
now when I plug in an sdcard different from the one provided, it doesn't read it, I have to put it out and in again in order to see it , and if I restart the device I have to do it again!!
how daes it come?
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-09-12 9:35 AM
#
You probably for a defect device that some one else returned. Companys somes do this in the hopes that you wount encounter the same issues as the previous user, especialy if the defect is not ovioua to them.
 Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2009-09-12 3:42 PM
#
I just applied the tweak to see the desktop, is there a way to return to the original destinator screen?
I renamed the original dshell.exe in dshell.bak before applying the tweak,
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-09-12 4:21 PM
#
Rename it back to .exe then go in to the registry and change the item under init, that points to explorer.exe, to point to dshell.exe.
 Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2009-09-12 5:06 PM
#
thanks Ajenbo!
 Top of the page
djsmiley007 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-12 5:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry for my bad english but i'm nervous i have a problem i don't know what must to do.I have a Axxion GPS 374 and i fail to enter in windows i don't know how.What we must to do?Please anyone help me.Thank's
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10