x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-09-16 3:34 PM
#
Does it still conect via active sync?
If you can then Make sure that you have /residentflash/windows/explorer.exe on the device.
You can find all the files in the cab file if you have winrar, there names will have been scrambled but there is an XML file that telse you how you should rename the files and in what folders they should be put.
 Top of the page
badboy10 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-16 4:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

the connection with activesync i can make. in which file i can find the files???
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-09-16 11:24 PM
#
Axxion.cab
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-09-17 8:41 AM
#
The file is ODGPSA~1.000, but it's not in xml format.

Heres a rough human translation

Rename:
0odgpsce.001 = odgpsce.exe
0gpsdata.002 = gpsdata.txt
TGTPOI~1.003 = tgtpoints.dat
ODGPSP~1.004 = odgpsprops.txt
00000GPS.005 = GPS.wav
0WPAlarm.006 = WPAlarm.wav
Tour_906.007 = Tour_906.txt
Tour_906.008 = Tour_906.trk
Tour_906.009 = Tour_906.tk
Tour_906.010 = Tour_906.g7t

Place files under \program files\odgps

make folder: \My Documents\odgps\tracks
Make a folder for the start menu called "Odgps"

Hope that helps
 Top of the page
badboy10 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-17 10:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

PERHAPS DO YOU mean the axxion.zip file. there i can only find 4 files:
-WinCe4.2
-TRE.exe
-readme.txt
cecmd.exe
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-09-17 10:13 AM
#
It was the WinCe4.2.cab i ment
 Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2009-09-17 10:18 AM
#
thank you very much Ajenbo!
did you use a particular application to find it out?
 Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2009-09-17 6:01 PM
#
AJenbo - 2009-09-12 4:21 PM

Rename it back to .exe then go in to the registry and change the item under init, that points to explorer.exe, to point to dshell.exe.

Hi ajenbo, in order to revert the tweak I renamed dshell.bak to dshell.exe and change the item under init that points to explorer.exe, to point to dshell.exe
but after reset the device is not going further than the screen with the orange earth,
I can still access it with active sync.
I did try to reinstall destinator and it works, but as soon as I soft reset It stops at the orange earth screen.
please help.
 Top of the page
badboy10 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-18 4:27 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

can you tell me step by step what i have to do. i can't english very well so i don't understand what you have write.
 Top of the page
abarnabe1 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-18 1:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I managed to have the desktop back, by creating a new dshell folder on the root , I don't know why, but reinstalling destinator have created a subfolder in destinator with dshell I guess.
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-09-19 10:59 AM
#
You probably pointed the init at a wrong folder :/, glad that you got it fixed.

badboy10
connect your device via activesync and open op the file browser. Open up the setup.xml, now you need to check that all the files in it are presendt on the device.
when you see some thing like this
<characteristic type="\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Flashplayer" translation="install">
that means that you should look in the \ResidentFlash\Program Files\Flashplayer folder for the folowing files.
the fire file mentioned is <characteristic type="aygshell.dll" translation="install"> (aygshell.dll), if you are missing it the source entery tells you what the name of that file is in the cab. <parm name="Source" value="AYGSHELL.001" /> (AYGSHELL.001) then rename it to aygshell.dll and place it in the \ResidentFlash\Program Files\Flashplayer folder. Do so for all 65 files.
 Top of the page
abarnabe1 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-23 11:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ajenbo, do you think it's possible to install a web browser and a usb wifi dongle on this device?

Edited by abarnabe1 2009-09-23 11:02 AM
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2009-09-23 11:51 AM
#
As i remember it the SD slot is not an IO SD, so you cant expand the device using thows, and the USB port is in client mode, meaning that it can only be connected to a computer and not have devices connected to it. So no not realy :/
In theory you could make a device that has the bare minimum to make a Internet connection and a host usb port that shares the internet connection via activesynprotocol to the PDA, but it would probably be a pretty big project to build something like that.
 Top of the page
abarnabe1 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-25 8:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok, I see.
anyway od-gps ( a gps program for hiking and mountain bike) works fine , It only needs an additional dll called voice.dll something.
www.outdoor-gps.de
The bad thing is that the battery is depleted after 1 hour and few minutes
I purchased a new garmin 255wt and it's not able to load offroad tracks! what a shame.... axxion turns out to be better on that.
 Top of the page
abarnabe1 Page Icon Posted 2009-10-29 10:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

after a cold boot it takes up to 1 hour to find the signal, is there a way to improve that?
I wonder where are the satellite information stored. If I could copy and paste them or make it persistent would it help?
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.421 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 29