x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2007-08-16 11:58 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

amazing news
how does it work (the tweak)
wm2003-2003se is based on ce 4 wm5-6 is based on ce5 but there is no way to change the os, we do not have a tool for flashing, we dount have an image to flash to it and we do not have the hardware file (cant remember the correct name, in a way you culd think of it as the core drivers) to compile the os core to build an image from.
atempting to make any of this would be extreamly hard an probably brake the device on the first meny atempts, so it is extreamly unlikly to happen with out an insider developer from axxion and that is very unlikly.

nice to see that you have registred

ill go and see if I can get destinator 7 to run as well.

Grate work on this.
 Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2007-08-17 6:09 AM
#
the twik works very well :-)

installed tomtom 6.01 for pda,
moved the folders to sdcard, started cab,
than i go to start >programs>tomtom, I get the tomtom screen and than it hangs up without any error message, I need to soft reset to restart.
did I choose for the wrong version?
i didn't install maps
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2007-08-17 9:14 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The install didn't work for me so i had to extract the files and install it manualy.

you can extract using winrar (theres also a command line tool in windows), then there will be an xml file that tellls you what to rename the files.

the alternative is to install it on a wm device (pda) and then copy the files to the hpc.
 Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2007-08-20 4:12 AM
#
tomtom 6.02 works!
I did the following:
install tt 6.02 and GPStweak on sd card.
hard reset.
set tomtom to 38400 baud com 7,save and close.
run GPStweak
http://sirftweak.networktroubles.org/gpstweak.php
settup> port to com 7 baud 9600 Sirf .
click on connect.
click on command> switch to nmea, (you should see some data flowing on the screen),
click on disconnect, than exit.
run tom tom, after 30 second the messsage GPS device not found get replaced from waiting for gps signal.
known issues:
1) the blue bars of the signal are not displayed even when the signal is strong.
2) if it hangs up, you need to hard reset and and repeat the GPS tweak.
soft reset is not enough to repeat GPS tweak.
 Top of the page
feracampos Page Icon Posted 2007-08-23 10:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everybody!
I have a GPS system working on a WinCE 4.2 plattform, and they don't have any gps software installed!
They only show a menu (hidding the winCE desktop, like all the others) with the options to execute an gps sw (an a executer only..), photo viewer, music player, video player, basic configs (screen setup, gps signal and satellites, language etc.), text viewer etc, nothing more.
The main question is: How can I install the Navteq Destinator on them? How can I "unlock" this device? I saw people installing others softwares, games, etc, but I can't find a way to do the same.
I tried to execute GSFinder+, but nothing happen (only show a "loading" icon for a second, and nothing more!), and the same occurs with others sw mentioned on this topic..
Ahm, this device don't have an USB connection (or its hided too..).
I know that Destinator is for Win Mobile, and I know too that is possible to install on WinCE, couse I saw one working the Destinator 6 and 7!
Ok, Im a novice on WinCE system, and I appreciate a hight detailed explications or "how to"s guides..

Thaks a lot!
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2007-08-24 4:08 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

How do you put GSFinder+ on the device and how are you trying to run it?
I have seen a GPS that alowed you to brows for the exe to run, took SD cards and had the same issue when trying to run any thing but the actual GPS software, is this similare to yours?
Probably you need to rename the exe or you need the actual correct gps software (it wasn't Destinator on the one i tryed).
What is the device name?
 Top of the page
feracampos Page Icon Posted 2007-08-24 9:13 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

AJenbo - 2007-08-24 4:08 AM

How do you put GSFinder+ on the device and how are you trying to run it?
I have seen a GPS that alowed you to brows for the exe to run, took SD cards and had the same issue when trying to run any thing but the actual GPS software, is this similare to yours?
Probably you need to rename the exe or you need the actual correct gps software (it wasn't Destinator on the one i tryed).
What is the device name?

I put the GSFinder+ on the root of the SD card, there are no additional directories on them.
And yes, they have an option to execute ".exe" files, but they only show a loading icon for a second and nothing more happen.
This device has no name, is an OEM device with a winCE 4.2 OS. That's all I know about it. I saw another identical device, loading Destinator 6 directly from de SD card, just using the "embedded" exe loader.

Do you have any idea how its posible?
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2007-08-24 9:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

can you post a image of the device and the program that alows you to brows for the exe
maybe it is posible to run programs via autoload.
 Top of the page
feracampos Page Icon Posted 2007-08-24 9:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

AJenbo - 2007-08-24 9:23 AM

can you post a image of the device and the program that alows you to brows for the exe
maybe it is posible to run programs via autoload.

Ok.. What do you think?
I didn't remove the protection film yet..

Edited by feracampos 2007-08-24 10:03 AM

(IMGP0693.jpg)

(IMGP0698.jpg)

(IMGP0695.jpg)

(IMGP0696.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMGP0693.jpg (57KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments IMGP0698.jpg (54KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments IMGP0695.jpg (34KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments IMGP0696.jpg (60KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2007-08-24 1:25 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

arh yes this is the same software that was on one om my dads frinds device, I remember the software was on the sd card and I wasn't able to load a file browser just like you, ill contact him and hear if he still has the device but he was talking about trading it in since he wasn't getting good reception on it.
maybe he can find the name of the original software program (it wasn't tomtom or destinator, but as this seams to be a very flexible shell this could be different in your case) so we can see if that will work.
another posibility is that its just not an arm based device, I dount know if that would normaly give an error as I don't have much experience with other then arm devices.

right now I think we need to try the auto load methode with an sd card, i'll post some more on that when I get home but you are wellcome to give it a try you self.
 Top of the page
feracampos Page Icon Posted 2007-08-24 1:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ahhhmm..
http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/software/greensoftware/gsfinder-plus-1-04/
You can explain how to install this? There is some "folder-obligatory-name" or predetermined file name to make it work on this device?
Its only execute the "GSFinder.exe" and its supposed to work?
I'm sure that is an ARM-based device with a WinCE 4.2.

Thanks anyway, I'll wait for more informations..

ups, I forgot to put the link..

Edited by feracampos 2007-08-24 1:56 PM
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2007-08-24 8:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ok, put exe dlls and what else is reqired buy gsfinder+ in a folder that you name 2577 on your sd card and rename it autorun.exe, plug it in to your device and hope for the best.

just to clearify the pathe of the exe should be

storagecard\2577\autorun.exe

if nothing happens then this dosent work for you
if it spins like with the other methode this is also filtered some how, but then we might be able to run something else like explorer this way.
if it runs perfectly then considere your device open

another thing you can do is to list all the applications and folders you can find (just the local flash drive) from the build in browser thingy, maybe that will help us get some cues.
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-08-25 3:23 AM
#
H/PC Elite

There are 2 versions of GSFinder+: I see you were trying the Sig3 version (Thumb code). If it does not work, try the regular ARM version.
 Top of the page
feracampos Page Icon Posted 2007-08-25 8:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have some news...
I still haven't found a way to make the gsfind+ work on this device, but I found another file, called "ShincoTest", who worked to "unlock" the main screen and put me on another screen (probably control panel or something..), and this WinCE is all in chinese, and I cannot understand almost anything..
I'll put some pics showing the "new" screen...
The windows taskbar still hided, and I can't see the files inside of the folders..

AJenbo, doesn't work for me on that way.. Another other idea?

Geared2003, I have all versions of gsfinder+ for pocket pc. They are: ARM, CE.NET ARM Sig3, CE.NET SH3, CE.NET SH4, MIPS, SH3 and SH4. My doubt is about a "pocket pc" version.. is that right?

Any other idea?!
Thanks!

(IMGP0706.jpg)

(IMGP0702.jpg)

(IMGP0710.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMGP0706.jpg (35KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments IMGP0702.jpg (26KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments IMGP0710.jpg (44KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2007-08-27 5:57 PM
#
I would like to install odgps, a freware that allows you to follow waypoints without maps for example in a wood or in the see.
http://www.outdoor-gps.de/odgps/node/3
but in the cab file I miss the xml file that tells me how to rename the content, I also don't have a device running wm2003.
what can I do?
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12