x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HandMark Monopoly Game for PPC !

Varzy Page Icon Posted 2006-08-30 11:12 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have a leagal copy of this game & not being an expert with software like youall , would like to know if there is a way( Simple or with detailed instructions) that anyone could tell me how to get it to work on my HP Jornada 680 HPC ??? Thanks VARZY
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-08-30 12:20 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Varzy - 2006-08-30 11:12 AM

I have a leagal copy of this game & not being an expert with software like youall , would like to know if there is a way( Simple or with detailed instructions) that anyone could tell me how to get it to work on my HP Jornada 680 HPC ??? Thanks VARZY

I don't think it's possible to get PPC Monopoly running on as 680. I have a copy as well, and if I recall, the PPC version is for ARM processors only. The 680 has an SH3 processor, which is not compatible.

If you do have an SH3 copy of Monopoly for PPC, then there are tons of threads on how to get PPC apps running on an H/PC. Do a Forum search to find them.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-30 5:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hpc version of monopoly should run on the 680.. i'll try my SH3 ce 2.11 copy of it.. (came with my phenom express)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-30 5:50 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

HPC Monopoly ran great on my HP 360LX (CE 2.00) and my Nino 300 PSPC (ce 2.01)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 1:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Three corrections are in order:

1) This thread should be in H/PC Pro, not Windows CE 2.0;

2) Varzy is referring to the Pocket PC version of Monopoly; and

3) Handmark Monopoly (the Pocket PC version) has CAB installers for ARM, MIPS, and SH3.

As cmonex has pointed out in other threads, no one has been able to compile an adequate set of SH3 DLLs required to port back fully functional apps from Pocket PC or H/PC 2000 to H/PC Pro. So I'd say getting this to work on the 680 is highly unlikely.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 9:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm sure the hpc version of monopoly will work. is the handmark thingie any better?

anyway getting bored of seeing moderating suggestions, when an admin or the right mod comes across this thread they'll do it anyway.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 11:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-08-31 6:39 PM

i'm sure the hpc version of monopoly will work. is the handmark thingie any better?

Don't confuse me with those big technical terms. (The Handmark version looks cooler IMO, and I find the opening theme of the H/PC version rather annoying. Anyway, the H/PC version has been hard to find. I mentioned a recent link in another thread, but I don't know if it still works.)

cmonex - 2006-08-31 6:39 PM
anyway getting bored of seeing moderating suggestions, when an admin or the right mod comes across this thread they'll do it anyway.

Didn't mean to be a pain. (Even though it's my hobby.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-08-31 11:47 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 27