x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

change battery... and loose everything

Francus Page Icon Posted 2006-08-30 2:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have 2 main batteries for my netbook pro. The backup battery was reported 100% charge, so decided to change the main battery even if the device was not connected to the power supply.

Well, after inserting the new battery it completely resetted as it was before installing programs etc.

I restored the last backup (it worked) then tried to change battery again: same result, everything resetted without programs.

Am I doing something wrong?

Or is a hardware problem? Which is the purpose of the backup battery if it does not work when you need it?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-30 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm afraid this sounds like a hardware problem you could try changing the backup battery, maybe its charge is reported incorrectly. one more thing, did you turn off the netbook pro before removing the main battery?
 Top of the page
Francus Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 5:45 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

many thanks Cmonex for the help!

Tried the backup batteries with a tester and are fully charged

Also yes I did turn off the netbook pro before removing the main battery.

It should be a hardware problem, but don't want to send it another time to Teklogix 2 months for fixing at high price. I'll keep it as it is, saving on cards an making regular backups.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 8:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm just try changing the backup batts. happens sometimes with the jornadas too, they are a little picky about the backup batts. try a different brand it may help!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8