x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ESCAPEMAX
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 6:29 PM
#
Hello all. I am new here. just heard about this site from HP Tech.
I just ordered a Refurbished Jornada 680E from TigerDirect.Com Dont have it yet. Is the a Modem/Lan Combo card that will work with this unit? I know it says it uses a Type II.
Thanks
Chris
 Top of the page
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 6:49 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Check on the HCL (http://www.hpcfactor.com/hardware/) to see what will work with HPC2000. Xircom cards are usually a good bet, so long as they are 16-bit (not Cardbus).
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 7:00 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Thank you for posting this in a new thread, but now you have violated TWO forum common courtesy rules. ONE - search first. TWO - DO NOT DOUBLE POST. Read the Jornada 680e thread for my answer to your question. www.hpcfactor.com/hcl - and yes there ARE lan cards that will work on your 680e...
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 7:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you.
I would like to Apologize for my infractions. I posted this as a Guest. Then decided to Sign up after looking through a few posts.
As far as searching goes, Maybe I looked under the wrong terms. Tried PCMCIA card. Didnt come up with what i was looking for.
Chris
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 7:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ESCAPEMAX,

Combination cards are a completly different kettle of fish under Windows CE. The problem is drivers.
While I believe that the system exists to allow for one adapter to call two driver resources, I do not know of any cards that actually implement both.

There are a number that implement just the modem part, but the network is a no go. They are also only 33.6K adapters.

Your best hope is a generic hayes modem and a NE2000 10MB Network combi - NOT 10/100Meg network.
I am not saying it will work, I have no experience with it, I can't suggest any. Just presenting your options.

Relaly though, are you ever likely to need to have the modem and NIC in and on at the same time?
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 7:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I was hoping to be able to use one card. Not running both at the same time. Maybe I should just get a Lan card. To connect to my desktop. I could download the updates and transfer them over.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 7:58 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I know more about PC's than PDA's. Built several of them. Looks like I've come to the Right place.
Chris
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-11 8:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

yeah ... a LAN card is prob a good start. Most hotel has LAN lines in rooms if you specify for them. In fact quite a lot of hotels now also have wifi access, though in limited zones etc. Some good ones have it throughout the hotel!!

Of cos, then there are those times when u check into a hotel that has no wifi, but finds "free" wifi from fellow guests!! ... NO! I am not encouraging you to do that!! hehe
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-13 9:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Found a card made by Compex. Contacted their e-mail support. Now just waiting to hear from them.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-14 7:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Tell me what you all think. Did I get a GOOD deal or an Ok deal?

Went on Ebay and found a 3COM PCMCIA Lan card. Just under $15 shipped. #COM's website does have drivers on it for the CE.
Also got a Case for about $22 shipped. Its a hard plastic case with padding. The person i got it from had 100% Positive rating.
What do you think?
Chris
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-14 8:18 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Which 3Com LAN adapter?
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-14 7:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The 3C589D-TP

Chris
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-14 7:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

$15 is a bit over priced for it. Also the drivers on the 3Com site are for CE 2.00 and not HPC2000.
We have HPC2000 beta drivers in the support section.
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-14 7:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It was actually $14.45. The card was $5.45, Shipping $9. Interestinly he had that card listed in the top of the ad. Then had another card listed as well. The 3CCE589-ET & 07-0362-000
If that means anything?
Chris
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-15 1:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thats good, £2.90 for the card. Much more reasonable - considering that there are a lof of these floating about. Work in anything too.

The -ET is the same chipset just more recent. Works using our beta drivers as well.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 9