x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Most wanted MIPS applications

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-23 12:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

You probably need note_prj.dll. Download the attached file and copy it to your Windows folder.
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-09-23 4:51 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Do you mean the dll has to be replaced, I already have a 44.5 kb version of the file in the Windows folder.

Also just tried the Flashplayer and ran into the same problem.

The Flashplayer was installed into Program files and Reader was installed in the Windows folder (in the folder it created).

Tried moving the Reader app and all associated files to the Windows folder-no change.

System MP790 with HPC2000
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-23 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

can you please run MIPS version of exeheck to see what the problem is copy the output from execheck here

my guess is that you need AYGSHELL
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 6:03 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

cmonex - 2006-09-23 10:07 PM

can you please run MIPS version of exeheck to see what the problem is copy the output from execheck here

my guess is that you need AYGSHELL

Ran the execheck and the problem called out was mfcce301 was missing. I installed the dll in both the Reader folder and in Windows-no change. I was using the new version of the dll. Is there another one I should be using?

Aygshell is included with the Reader software when it is installed.

Edited by YOM 2006-09-24 6:04 PM
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 6:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

OK, I need one app - free terminal client for MIPS devices. Anything with the functionality of Hyper Terminal would be enough :-)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

YOM - 2006-09-25 12:03 AM

Ran the execheck and the problem called out was mfcce301 was missing. I installed the dll in both the Reader folder and in Windows-no change. I was using the new version of the dll. Is there another one I should be using?

Aygshell is included with the Reader software when it is installed.

what does "new version of the dll" mean? there is no new version. there is a HPC and a PPC version. i'd imagine you need the PPC version. get it from my site from arm.zip/hexedited
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 7:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Uh, cmonex, aren't we talking about the MIPS DLLs?

I think YOM is referring to your mips.zip package.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 8:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, then he needs to edit mfcce301.dll itself to have it call mfcce301 and not 300.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 8:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Aren't those calls within mfcce301.dll already edited in your versions from that package?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 8:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, iirc i just posted felixdd's packages, i didn't have a mips machine to test. iirc i used to have a statement about that on my site at that time. guess it's time to update the mips stuff

major update coming soon anyway, already took quite some time and i still haven't finished finding the new dlls on my hdd and reorganizing them
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 10:23 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

CEgeek is correct, I downloaded them from your site cmonex, and the dll is identified as mfcce301.dll. One is listed mips/CEmenu and the other is listed as mips/older. Both files are the same size and both appear to have been encoded in the zip file at the same time.

Edited by YOM 2006-09-24 10:24 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 10:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's good for me to know. I kinda took for granted that the files numbered 301 had been hexedited fully within to change 300 to 301 everywhere in the file, so I never bothered to look. I've hexedited the 300s myself a few times with all the 300s renamed 301.

(post 2100)
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-25 2:25 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The only files needed for Reader.exe are: mfcce301.dll ( Cmonex package), and note_prj.dll. Reader.exe doesn't actually need aygshell.dll but mfcce301.dll does.
If you use another note_prj.dll, this file could be the problem.

PS: I have got some other very interesting "exclusive" MIPS applications, that were never published before, or are very difficult to find... Sorry to tease you, but I do no want to be the only contributor here - besides Cmonex of course...
I am happy to share, but I am sure that some other HPC veterans do have interesting stuff on their hard drive. Former BE300 users may also have some rare MIPS apps. For example who has got the latest Tascalsoft HPC apps, like Tascal Regedit 0.90 ?

Edited by Geared2003 2006-09-25 2:37 PM
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-09-25 2:57 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

cmonex - 2006-09-24 8:15 PM

ok, then he needs to edit mfcce301.dll itself to have it call mfcce301 and not 300.

Willing to try, but a quick overview of hexeditting would be appreciated.
-What software should I be using?
-Is there anything I special I should be doing while hexeditting?

As you can tell by the questions, not a programmer.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-25 3:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I had to learn quickly too. For hexediting I use XVI32 (don't recall the link, but you can do a Google search; XVI32 is free). The ASCII version of the hex code is shown on the right-hand side. Unfortunately, I don't recall the numbers of the lines you have to edit, and I don't have access at the moment to the computer where I have this hexeditor installed. (You can scroll down while looking for mfcce300, but that'll take a long time.) You just change the second zero in mfcce300 to a 1.

Geared2003: I have TRE .90, but I'm having some trouble with my notebook PC at the moment and will have to reinstall Windows XP. I saved as much as I could on an external hard drive, but I don't recall if this was among what I have saved. (Oh, and I have a BE-300 on the way as well.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-09-25 3:09 PM
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.359 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 15