x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Most wanted MIPS applications

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-09-26 8:43 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Okay, I downloaded the software and did a string search for mfcce300, after converting to hex, and couldn't locate anything. On a wild hare, or hair (stupid expression ) I tried mfcce301 and I was able to locate 2 instances. Does this mean either I'm doing it wrong or that the mfcce301.dll is calling the same and if so what is going on with the Lit reader?

Edited by YOM 2006-09-26 8:44 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-27 12:41 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

YOM - 2006-09-27 2:43 AM

Okay, I downloaded the software and did a string search for mfcce300, after converting to hex, and couldn't locate anything. On a wild hare, or hair (stupid expression ) I tried mfcce301 and I was able to locate 2 instances. Does this mean either I'm doing it wrong or that the mfcce301.dll is calling the same and if so what is going on with the Lit reader?

geez, did you ever check mfcce300.dll itself?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-27 12:42 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Geared2003 - 2006-09-25 8:25 PM

PS: I have got some other very interesting "exclusive" MIPS applications, that were never published before, or are very difficult to find... Sorry to tease you, but I do no want to be the only contributor here - besides Cmonex of course...
I am happy to share, but I am sure that some other HPC veterans do have interesting stuff on their hard drive. Former BE300 users may also have some rare MIPS apps. For example who has got the latest Tascalsoft HPC apps, like Tascal Regedit 0.90 ?

can't believe this. i don't think this teasing is funny. i've not had mips machines for too long so cannot contribute... lets assume the others haven't got anything either. this means we will never get your other apps?
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-27 5:55 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Cmonex, I didn't mean YOU should contribute: you have done enough for the community anyway... On your web site, there are many things to download for MIPS and ARM.
I didn't want to be funny: I am really serious about my statement. There are enough MIPS users here ( MobilePro 790, etc..). I understand that new HPC users cannot contribute but I can't believe nobody else can share MIPS stuff !!! If nobody else contributes, it means that nobody else really cares about maintaining the MIPS platform... So why should I be the only one ? I don't expect absolutely NEW stuff, but plenty of MIPS apps are very hard to find on the web nowadays: broken links, abandoned MIPS platform, etc... 2 or 3 years ago, this was much easier. So people who already had a MIPS HPC /PPC / Be300 2 or 3 years ago certainly have interesting stuff on their hard drive...

Edited by Geared2003 2006-09-27 6:35 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-27 11:33 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok i see.. yeah.. i hope others will be able to contribute too.
however if not.. don't blame them please
what other rare mips programs do you have?
btw, my site is going to get a nice big update soon.. (no, the design will remain simple, sorry, can't do fluffy sites )
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-27 12:35 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Geared2003 - 2006-09-27 5:55 AM

Cmonex, I didn't mean YOU should contribute: you have done enough for the community anyway... On your web site, there are many things to download for MIPS and ARM.
I didn't want to be funny: I am really serious about my statement. There are enough MIPS users here ( MobilePro 790, etc..). I understand that new HPC users cannot contribute but I can't believe nobody else can share MIPS stuff !!! If nobody else contributes, it means that nobody else really cares about maintaining the MIPS platform... So why should I be the only one ? I don't expect absolutely NEW stuff, but plenty of MIPS apps are very hard to find on the web nowadays: broken links, abandoned MIPS platform, etc... 2 or 3 years ago, this was much easier. So people who already had a MIPS HPC /PPC / Be300 2 or 3 years ago certainly have interesting stuff on their hard drive...

I own a Clio C-1000 currently, but I don't really have anything that's something that's not already available to everyone. For the most part it's filled with common MIPS PPC apps using dummy aygshells and whatnot

I used to own an E-100/E-105 back in the day, but that was many moons ago and that would have been MIPS PsPC software if anything.

Edited by mscdex 2006-09-27 12:37 PM
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-27 1:33 PM
#
H/PC Elite

MSCDEX, the Clio is a MIPS CE 2.11 device: the situation for those devices is even worse than MIPS HPC2000 devices...

Cmonex, here are just a few examples of interesting Mips HPC2000 apps I would be ready to share:

-1) Remover by SK: this excellent PPC utility (freeware) was the predecessor of SKTools (which is now payware and for ARM only). Remover is quite hard to find, even for ARM devices ( the latest version was time limited, the original versions were not). The MIPS version is very very hard to get. More info about Remover here:
http://www.ppx3k.com/index.php?op=description;id=206

-2) The required package to play all Windows Media files (including WM9...) with TCPMP: this has never been released before...

-3) some new Dlls, like a never released Aygshell.dll (useful for some PPC apps)

-4) Some TascalSoft apps: many people may already have them, but Tascalsoft removed all HPC downloads recently... Tascal Search and Wallpaper Changer were really good. I am still looking for Tascal Regedit HPC 0.9...

I also have some OEM freeware apps like Quick View Plus, but there is a legal "grey area": I don't know if it is allowed to share QVP, although anyone can download the ARM version from HP's web site, so I guess there is no real problem...

Finally, I am trying to modify some Be300 apps to make them "HPC-compatible"...

Edited by Geared2003 2006-09-27 1:38 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-27 9:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh... must be nice stuff. especially the aygshell. any other dlls?

what be300 apps are you trying to modify?

anyway... you seem to have a rare special talent for finding rare apps. i do not have this talent and most people don't either, the only person i know who have this is TFGBD.. or he's just spending so much time on CE software this is why i feel you will not get any posts with other rare software you don't already have. so please please don't blame the people especially newbies if they don't have such interesting rare apps.... even i don't have any.
hope you understand my point better now

btw, i tried to check if i have TRE 0.90, sadly only 0.84
 Top of the page
amygo
amygo Page Icon Posted 2006-09-28 2:40 AM
#
Geared2003 - 2006-09-08 12:36 PM

Rapidshare seems to be saturated...
New link for both files ( Flash 5 and E-Book Reader):
http://www.upload2.net/page/download/0rcVljNYv9a0Qvg/Mips+Apps.zip.html

Any other contributions ? Come on ! Share your MIPS applications (as long as it is not payware) !

Tried the programs on a pencentra 200 HPC2000/MIPS. Both programs result in "components NOT found error"...
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-28 1:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Both progs are PPC apps. Please use the "search" option of the forum for all the needed steps on how to use PPC apps on HPCs.
The MIPS.zip package from Cmonex has all the basic stuff to run most PPC apps:
http://www.freeweb.hu/izemize/hpc.php
Just copy the needed files to your Windows folder. To check which dll files are missing use PEinfo.exe.

Edited by Geared2003 2006-09-28 1:27 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-28 5:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

execheck is better for a hacking newbie - peinfo is more advanced
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-09-28 9:32 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Here's a go - going to try and attach the cab file - Xaudio MP3 Player for HPC/Mips
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-09-28 9:35 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Couldn't do it - there is a 100k limit on this board for attachments. And this file 273kb.
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 2:15 AM
#
H/PC Elite

To bypass the 100k limit: you can use several smaller files, and upload them one by one. Use a packer like Winrar to split your package to smaller files. Otherwise, use a public upload server like rapidshare.de or megaupload.com and just post the link here.
Thanks, I appreciate your effort to contribute although you can find much better MP3 players for MIPS: I would personnally recommend GSPlayer, but it's just a matter of personal choice...

Edited by Geared2003 2006-09-29 2:16 AM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-09-29 6:14 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

The thing with Xaudio MP3 player is that it is light on the CPU usage. If you have MobilePro 790, Xaudio playing a MP3 file only takes up 40% of your CPU, while other MP3 players take up 80% or more. I uploaded Xaudio to rapidshare.de - here is the link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/34847423/Xaudio_MP3_Player.HPC_MIPS.CAB
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 16