x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Most wanted MIPS applications

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-30 3:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

quiche - 2006-09-29 6:01 PM

No, I am trying to install the very same version that I have on my Hitachi Eplate with the same 2.11 OS.

I don't think you can do that. An SH4 app on an SH3 device?
 Top of the page
quiche
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-09-30 8:28 AM
#
CE Geek - 2006-09-30 3:56 AM

quiche - 2006-09-29 6:01 PM

No, I am trying to install the very same version that I have on my Hitachi Eplate with the same 2.11 OS.

I don't think you can do that. An SH4 app on an SH3 device?

No, it is an overall program with all the cabs for SH3 and SH4, etc. But I have it on my HPC Pro 2.11 Hitachi Eplate - so it should install on my HPC Pro 2.11 Casio.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-30 2:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

My bad. But I think we're OT anyway, given the thread title.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-01 1:16 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The new site is up and running, all the downloads were converted over and all. Check out the link in my sig to see it.

Users can upload files now. If you are going to do so, try to follow the same format as the other downloads (as far as information goes) for the Description (namely version, CE compatibility, support cpu types, and of course a description of the software).

In the coming week I plan on adding downloads for some of the "PPC hacks" (DLLs and pre-"modified" program EXEs/DLLs) that are commonly used by members on the forum here so that they can be easily located.

Hopefully updates to the site should be more frequent, and those changes will be noted on the front page.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-10-27 12:31 AM
#
H/PC Elite

ok lets get some updated information.

S/F.
CEYA!
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-10-29 10:10 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey Geared2003. Did you hack the Casio Player yourself? If so, how did you remove the Casio device detection? Oh, and where the heck is this MIPS Lit reader from? Does it have source? If so, this would be nice on x86 and SHx WinCE as well. Both of those processors have the same ROM only problem as MIPS Thanks!

Edited by TFGBD 2006-10-29 10:12 PM
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 6:24 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I did not really "hack" the CASIO Flash Player: I added a registry string in the CAB installer to "simulate" a CASIO device...
Concerning the MIPS Lit Reader, this is the only version I have, sorry...
BTW, Cmonex said that you found a way to use Today Plugins on HPCs: how did you do that ? Do you have some customized version of the Be300 Today application ? or did you use Novosec Pocket Facelift ?
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2006-10-30 12:47 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

How did you do that. I have a MP 790 and i really need a Flash player for it.
I did not really "hack" the CASIO Flash Player: I added a registry string in the CAB installer to "simulate" a CASIO device...

Edited by Bensawsome 2006-10-30 12:48 PM
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-31 2:00 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Just run my custom CAB installer: it should work "out of the box" if you have the usual PPC Dlls on your MP790...
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2006-10-31 9:30 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Geared2003 - 2006-10-31 2:00 AM

Just run my custom CAB installer: it should work "out of the box" if you have the usual PPC Dlls on your MP790...

Problem is I could never figure out how to put them on right
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-10-31 11:23 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Concerning the today plugins:
I use about 3 different programs to load today plugins. And yeah, one of them is Novosec Pocket Facelift. I also use Dashboard and Goofather's PPX3k. I have been told that TChart's Today also works but I do not yet own a MIPS HPC2000 device to test that for myself. I bet BEshell will work too! There are also a few open source "today test" programs that are able to load one plugin at a time...but those are kind of useless to use as a real today screen. So far, the one that works the best seems to be Pocket Facelift but it would be nice if Tchart's app was not MIPS only .

In addition to my x86 source porting projects, I am also working on compiling a load of ARM only Open source apps for MIPS as well. I imagine MIPS versions will be more popular than x86 anyway. (and CE 2.11 SH4/SH3 when possible)

Some of the apps I already have compiled for MIPS are Pocket Putty (the darn project files even support MIPS, so it floors me why there is no MIPS version on the site), The newer Versions of ScummVM like 0.8.2, Vade Mecum the Plucker eBook reader (again, same case as Putty), a few little freeware games, the GSPlayer FLAC plugin, the currently ARM only ITaskmgr+Netmgr, CSBWinCE(Dungeon Master game engine), Sonic Roboblast 2 WinCE (3D Sonic fangame based on Doom engine), Keepass Password storage program and a few others. I would also like to at least get a few newer apps that need Visual Studio 2005 like PocketXPDF (even if it only works right on CE 4.x), Mysaifu Java VM, and MortPlayer compiled and running on MIPS as well. Minimo (even if it is kind of crappy) may also now be possible on MIPS thanks to Isotherm's compatability layer. But Minimo looks like its pretty stressful to build for any processor. Another project I'd like to play with in the future is Real's Helix Player. Its basicly just an open source version of Real Player. They support CE 3, so it would be nice to have a native HPC 2000 version of it for MIPS, ARM, and x86. I think it even has an IE plugin. In addition to the above, I am also working on porting a few simple Pocket PC apps to Windows CE 2.11 Handheld PC Pro. I already have the original Wisbar ported to a native Handheld PC Pro/2000 app and it seems to work fine. I just need to resize it a bit so it fits HVGA H/PCs better and then I will make it public for all processors (ARM, MIPS, SH3, SH4, x86, Power PC). There are also a few SDL games ported to the Gizmondo (ARM9 WinCE 4.2 game console) like Stickyballs that would be nice on MIPS. Those should just be a simple recompile.

Also, don't hesitate to contact authors if you need a MIPS version! Many will be happy to do it. I see this pretty often on BE-300 forums.
One perfect canidate I see is Foxit Reader. I am already making a post to request it on their forum. It seems silly to me that they have seperate exes for CE 4.2 and 5.0 ARM and nothing else! Another thing that may help is that there are some new MIPS PDAs coming out with CE 4.2/5.0 like the Tinnos Blufin. That may also provide motivation to authors to compile for MIPS again and hopefully have their apps work on CE 3.0 as well.

For links to the homepages of most of the projects I mentioned, check out the "Open Source" section of my x86 Windows CE Software list found in my signature. Most things for Pocket PC 2002 will easily compile for Pocket PC 2000 MIPS anyway. If you see any P/PC 2002 or 2000 apps that are currently ARM only and are not on my x86/Open source list, please don't hesitate to tell me! I will try porting them as soon as possible.

If anyone would like to help me with porting some more stuff, please let me know. I'd love to talk to you on IRC, Geared2003. Come and visit the "official unofficial" HPC:Factor IRC channel #HPCDev on EFNet.

Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-31 2:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Wow !!! That's impressive !
There are some apps I'd really like to try on my MIPS Sig2: Vademecum and the latest ScummVM for example. The Helix Player and PocketXPDF would be also very nice... And Your HPC Wisbar version also seems really interesting...

I will definitely try to join this IRC group; I must just learn how to use IRC, as I never really tried...
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-10-31 4:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

OMG, Pocket Putty Yay ^_^ - any chance that you could send it here?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-31 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Geared2003 - 2006-10-31 8:27 PM

Wow !!! That's impressive !
There are some apps I'd really like to try on my MIPS Sig2: Vademecum and the latest ScummVM for example. The Helix Player and PocketXPDF would be also very nice... And Your HPC Wisbar version also seems really interesting...

I will definitely try to join this IRC group; I must just learn how to use IRC, as I never really tried...

yeah impressive i already have the itask thing from TFGBD, if you want it i'll send it if you dont get to talk to TFGBD (don't have the other stuff yet ). but irc is really easy to "learn". or you can just use a webchat, http://efnet.org will do as a start then i can show how to use it with an irc client (really just a few simple commands)
so come join us
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-31 10:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Bensawsome - 2006-10-31 3:30 PM

Geared2003 - 2006-10-31 2:00 AM

Problem is I could never figure out how to put them on right

oh, just copy them to the program's folder, aygshell, doclist and mfcce300.dll (if this doesn't work let me know - it could be a little bit more complicated... also i can show you how to use mfcce301 which would be really better)
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.216 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 16