x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 and Activesync

drummerboy
drummerboy Page Icon Posted 2006-09-06 2:02 PM
#
Apologies if this has been asked and answered but I couldn't find anything.

I have a Jornada 680 which used to only connect as guest using AS 3.8.

I now need to reinstall the drivers for my wireless card and now it won't connect at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Activesync, but it doesn't see the Jornada, even although when its searching for the port the Jornada switches on......

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks,

Neil
 Top of the page
drummerboy
drummerboy Page Icon Posted 2006-09-07 1:52 PM
#
I've got it work by doing a hard reset on the Jornada and everything is fine - still connects as guest though.....
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-07 5:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I am having the same problem, except I am doing the hard solution, format and reinstall Windows XP.. Anyway, google Guest Only ActiveSync connections, that should be of use to you..
 Top of the page
Rich
Rich Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 10:31 PM
#

What a mistake - I thought that installing ActiveSync version 4.1 would improve connectivity. It did not want to talk to my WinCE 2.11 devices (including Jornada 690). Thus I uninstalled it and reinstalled ActiveSync 3.8. However, no effort can make it working again (trying various uninstallers, modifying registry). Apparently the version 4.1 left some residual files which I cannot detect.
Shame Microsoft! The newer versions should support the earlier ones and be compatible. I am not too desperate to reinstall the Windows XP yet.
Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 11:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

maybe this would help: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3174&posts=10&highlight=activesync&highlightmode=1#M31972

if this is not that.. someone recently detailed a good solution. however after 10 mins of searching i'm still unable to find it,. maybe you'll have more luck
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-14 12:34 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Rich - 2006-09-09 8:31 PM

What a mistake - I thought that installing ActiveSync version 4.1 would improve connectivity. It did not want to talk to my WinCE 2.11 devices

Yes, I am angered as well and a bit at Microsoft, but I think we knew it was coming.. ActiveSync 3.8 is the last version to support the broadest range of devices (CE 2.0-5.0 excluding WM5) and the broadest range of Host OS'es.. And I like 3.8 better.. And all of my devices (excluding my dreadful WM5 PPC) run CE 2.01 or lower...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-14 7:33 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's all in the support section!
See ActiveSync support in the support section for the index or directly:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0093.asp
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0114.asp

For the guest issue:

Look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services and see if the key GuestOnly = 1. If it does set it to equal 0 and try again after rebooting/cycling ActiveSync.
 Top of the page
drutkay
drutkay Page Icon Posted 2006-10-06 10:27 PM
#
Just a quick question - are you using serial or usb cable? I had the same problem as what you are describing with my 720. The solution to get my 720 to finally sync was to change from serial to usb and upgrade from AS 3.8 to 4.2 (3.8 did allow the 720 to sync as a guest). Before this, I tried EVERYTHING that was posted anywhere.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-07 7:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The 680 doesn't support USB, and AS 4.2 doesn't support the 680
 Top of the page
Galactus55
Galactus55 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 1:07 PM
#
I got my 680 to work perfectly with XP sp2 Triedall the above.

I just removed all versions of activesync from my PC via remove programs.

Did a cold boot (power off) :-)

Then loaded activesync version 3.71 and it's goodas new even worked on my laptop using a USB to serial cable.

I haven old copy of Activesync 3.71 I would post it if I knew how.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 2:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

All versions of ActiveSync 3.x (3.0-3.8) are in the sync soft support section to download..

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-10-24 2:27 PM
 Top of the page
Galactus55
Galactus55 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 3:16 PM
#
If you mean the ones on the HP site that is linked to the Microsoft site.

Try it all it will let you download is version 4.2
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.158 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8