x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Considering the Jornada 820

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-09-08 10:55 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I am now looking at the Jornada 820 - and I have read some reviews on the device. One review said the touchpad is difficult to use and that the screen is not a touch-screen.

Anyone here have the Jornada 820? Please tell me what it is like.
 Top of the page
Fleet-C Page Icon Posted 2006-09-08 11:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have one and I can tell you that indeed, there is no touchscreen, but on the other hand, the touchpad is one of the best I have ever used. Way better than my previous laptop, believe me, it's really good, the screen on the other hand... 256 colours, slow refresh as hell, anyway, good for productivity
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-09-08 11:37 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks Fleet-C. How heavy is it?
 Top of the page
Fleet-C Page Icon Posted 2006-09-08 1:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I really don't know how to answer that... Around 1kg? Think of it as a small-ish laptop.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-08 2:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think the touchpad does suck on it. i really didn't like it when i tried it..

the only good touchpad can be found on the hp nx6110 laptop! (absolutely coincidental that i received this laptop later)
 Top of the page
Fleet-C Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm not sure if the one you tried had some kind of problem with the touchpad or if it's down to diferent opinions. Mine works well and I like it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 2:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it didn't have any problems with its touchpad. the only one touchpad i've ever seen that i like is on the nx6110. otherwise i prefer trackpoint or a mouse because all other touchpads suck big time, for me so yes it is down to different opinions.
 Top of the page
Fleet-C Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 8:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I see, lol. I hate trackpoints soooooo much! Obviously, a mouse is always better, but most of the times, that luxury is not available. Concerning the jornada touchpad, let's put it this way, it's as good or even better than the vast majority you see on standard and recent laptops.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-09-10 12:32 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I like the J820 and touchpad. color does suck. The MP 800 reminds me of it. J820 has vga hook up too.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11