x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Case sensitivity in file calls

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-08 2:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I notice when hexediting DLL calls in Pocket PC apps (to get them to work in H/PC 2000/Pro) that the filenames and/or extensions are sometimes in lower case and sometimes in upper case. I wouldn't think that this makes a difference, except that the uppercase and lowercase letters are respresented by different hexadecimal values. Does letter case matter?

(Side note: I notice that some filenames show in different cases when viewed on the PC v on the CE device - eg, lowercase on the PC but uppercase on the device even though the latter shows filenames in both cases.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-08 4:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, they are not case sensitive. they are file names so why would they be like that never mind the hexa values either
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-09-08 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex. In linux case DOES matter.
But any windows platform I'm aware of (and DOS as well) is case insensitive.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 4:38 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I knew that's true for DOS, but I wasn't sure with CE. I have vague recollections of seeing in another thread that on-device application files and PC installer files have the .exe file extension in different case settings (ie, one's .exe while the other is .EXE).

Edited by CE Geek 2006-09-09 4:39 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 5:49 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-09-09 10:38 AM

I have vague recollections of seeing in another thread that on-device application files and PC installer files have the .exe file extension in different case settings (ie, one's .exe while the other is .EXE).

nope, that must've been some misunderstanding.

just try to create a file with a name identical to another already existing one, just using different case... you will see you can't have both files
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8