x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Internet Browsers for HP/C Professional

1 2 3
smileyscout Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 5:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well I just managed to snag myself a Fujitsu PenCentra 200 from a garage sale for $20. After exploring HPC Factor a bit I've decided I'm going to snag a WPC11 v. 3 from eBay.

After looking around the site some more I can't figure out if Windows Explorer 1.1 is the only Internet Browser available or not. It looks like minimo http://wiki.mozilla.org/Minimo:WinCe/Device_Matrix might work but I'm really not sure.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 5:16 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I do not believe Minimo is compatible with HPC Pro, but its a memory hog and consumes at least 20MB of RAM when loaded.. If your device is MIPS, you can download Worldtalk from the user cmonex 's site...
 Top of the page
smileyscout Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the info. Once I can find a compact flash card reader for my comp (I have a 32 MB card and a PCMCIA reader snagged from an Epson printer) I'll install WorldTalk.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 5:29 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

But does your device have a MIPS, SH3, SH4, or ARM processor? Worldtalk is only for MIPS I think...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-09-09 5:30 PM
 Top of the page
smileyscout Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 7:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The PenCentra is MIPS. I got the reader but my CF card won't read in Windows Prolly something to do with the fact it is over 5 years old and is prolly in a mac format. Oh well. I can snag a gigabyte card off newegg for 20 bucks.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 7:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

On the mac, format it in MS-DOS filesystem..
 Top of the page
smileyscout Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 8:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

It's an ancient 32 MB card I dug out of my brothers bedroom. Unfortunately I don't have Mac right now. Odd thing is the card reads fine on the PenCentra. Know of anyway to force a format in Windows CE 2.11?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-09 8:30 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Try this: http://www.softwinter.com/storagetools.html to format cards on CE
 Top of the page
smileyscout Page Icon Posted 2006-09-10 2:44 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cool. Thanks for the link. One problem though. My place doesn't have a landline so dialing up to get that file isn't an option. Earlier I tried to get a serial link going using the PC Link utility on the PenCentra and creating a new serial connection in Windows XP. No go. From what I can tell all ActiveSync 3.8 will do is sync things like outlook but not allow me access to my PC. If I'm wrong or if you know of an easy way to do file transfer via serial please elaborate. Sorry for my noobness in these matters. I tried several different searches on google and HPC factor but didn't come up with much of anything. Thanks for putting up with me.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-10 3:22 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

smileyscout yes you will have to install activesync, you can send files over with it. without it, not easy.. so install it.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-10 3:24 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Also note that ActiveSync 3.8 is the last version to support the broadest range of devices, as ActiveSync 4.0 and higher only support CE 3.0 and higher...
EDIT: Also, with ActiveSync, you can (usually) install programs easier when you cannot find the cabs ..

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-09-10 3:24 AM
 Top of the page
smileyscout Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 11:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for all your help. With ActiveSync I've managed to install a bunch of programs including TCPMP. My old CF card is still acting a bit strange even on the PenCentra so I definetely need to get a new one.
 Top of the page
rlw Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 1:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

smileyscout - 2006-09-09 5:06 PM
...After exploring HPC Factor a bit I've decided I'm going to snag a WPC11 v. 3 from eBay...

Smileyscout,

I don't know if you are in the states, but if you are, you might want to take a look at rokland.com for your WPC11v3 -- I just bought 2 of them for $14.99 each. Both were used, but in good condition. Both work fine, the only problem I've noticed is that the LEDs on one card looked a bit dim compared to an older WPC11v3 card I've had for years.

I'm not associated with rokland.com in any way, just a happy customer.

RLW
 Top of the page
smileyscout Page Icon Posted 2006-09-13 6:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll probably snag that one but I have seen some posts the say getting a WPC11 with the 2.5 chipset is a better idea.
 Top of the page
BFK
BFK Page Icon Posted 2006-10-08 7:53 PM
#
Any help? I have a MobilePro 880 and connected via Wi-Fi--a feat for me!!. However, I am unable to connect to may sites-ie yahoo mail etc What can I do or download>

Core 2.11
Explorer 3.01

Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 27