x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cant Explore my HP 680 !

Varzy Page Icon Posted 2006-09-10 11:54 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I recently had to preform a Hard Re-Set on my HP Jornada 680 ! I cound no longer sync with MS Active Sync 3.8 ! I now can sync but it wont open up to let me explore the 680 so I cant add files or anything ! It does however add software but just refuses to let me explore it ! Can anyone help ??? I am at a complete loss!

Thanks & I hope to here back soon ! Varzy
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-10 11:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

-Just to clarify-
Did you click the explore button in ActiveSync, or were you expecting it to come up?
 Top of the page
Varzy Page Icon Posted 2006-09-10 11:59 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have hit the explore button repeadedly ! Varzy
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 12:02 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Do you have a partnership setup?
By the way, why is this thread in CE 2.0?

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-09-11 12:04 AM
 Top of the page
Varzy Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 12:13 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Sorry for the posting mistake ! I guess it should be in the HPC Pro area write? I am fairly new to all this so I am sorry again ! I do have a partnership set up with the 680 & Active Sync 3.8 ! Thanks Varzy
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 12:17 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yes, the HP Jornada 680 is a Windows CE 2.11 device.. Dont apologize, when I was new to HPC:Factor, I made some mistakes too ... Okay, back to the issue at hand, have you tried another soft or hard reset? Also, maybe an uninstall and reinstall of ActiveSync 3.8 would help..

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-09-11 12:19 AM
 Top of the page
Varzy Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 12:26 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I will give it a try & thanks for your quick help & understanding ! Thias web site is great & has a bunch of great people on it ! Dont understand why they (Manufacturers) stoped macking these types of HPC units ! The PPC format is too small to use except as a PIM PDA !!! Thanks again Varzy !
 Top of the page
Varzy Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 10:33 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for all the help !!! I reloaded & soft reset my 680 & it solved the problem imeadyatly !!! Pardon my rotten spelling please !

Thanks again,

Varzy
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 10:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to 2.11 Support
 Top of the page
SCho
SCho Page Icon Posted 2006-09-15 3:01 AM
#
I have a problem of synchronising my Jornada 680 with my laptop which was replaced recently. My previous laptop os was W2K Pro and now it's Win XP Pro. When ActiveSync 3.8 was installed on the new laptop, the "Mobile Device" under File menu is dimmed. I can't make any new partnership and the J680 is still showing a partnership with the name of my previous laptop PC.

There is a message saying that "Critical communications services have failed to start. Try resetting the device ..."

After the soft reset on J680, it still can't link up with the laptop. What can I do if I just don't want to hard reset the J680?

Thanks for your attention.

Regards
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 26