x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

vintagehandhelds Page Icon Posted 2006-09-11 10:42 AM
#
Avatar image of vintagehandhelds
H/PC Philosopher

1) On my Itronix T5200, the touch screen doesn't record location anymore. It records the touch,but anywehre I press i thinks it is at the R/H top corner?!!??!
I did a hard reset and attempted to recalibrate. I think it's a hardware problem, but not sure.

2) On my Jornada 680E, everyb time I erase soemthing from the CF card it says it is write protected. but it does erase it.weird. any ideas?
 Top of the page
oliverredfox Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 7:02 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

For the itronix... clean around the edges of the lcd screen. Using a business card works well. If something is stuck along the edge between the screen and shell it can trip a false positive on the touch screen. Use a corner of the card and wedge it between the screen and the casing. Slide it around using it remove any grime or dirt that is in there. This is a common problem with anything that uses touch screens (and hopefully it’s yours too – as it is easily fixed)
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-09-12 12:56 PM
#
for Jornada:

Verify if all pins on CF slot are correct (not broken or doesn't have some pins).
This can be the Storage Card age, I had an 8Mb SanDisk card that are dead, I wrote and rewrote it more than 1000000 times, and, now it was dead very bad news ¬¬
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-13 4:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A million times?
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-09-13 4:02 PM
#
yes, it was veeeeery old, 8Mb from 2000, it WAS used in a digital camera, as the space was a bit little, it was wrote and erased a million times ¬¬
I think this degradate the card
 Top of the page
vintagehandhelds Page Icon Posted 2006-09-13 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

could be, I bought the CF card from Ebay and it is indeed used. However, something tells me that it is software related.
 Top of the page
oliverredfox Page Icon Posted 2006-09-14 4:27 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Did the business card trick work? Or is the touchscreen still acting up?

As for the CF card, plug it into a windows machine and check the attribes on the files. See if they are marked as read-only. If they are change the attribute flag.
 Top of the page
vintagehandhelds Page Icon Posted 2006-09-15 10:32 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

the card did the trick!
thanks very much!!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10