x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[FS] Psion 5mx w/ accessories

Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-09-18 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Well, I won't be needing my Psion (UK version) anymore so I decided to sell it. It's boxed, comes with all the manuals, accessories and some extras: PC link cable, parallel printer link, AC adapter (not UK socket), 32 MB CF card, 2 styluses, small carrying case and a brand new screen cable I bought in case the original broke.

The keyboard is a bit worn from use and the opening mechanism requires a bit of care when opening. The hinge on the left side pops out, if you try to open the Psion the normal way. I always open it using both hands and it opens up nicely. Backlight works and the stylus clicks into place as it's supposed to. The unit is in normal working condition! Will post photos when I get the chance to take some.

I'm looking to get about 100 euros for the lot.

Cheers
SainT
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-18 6:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to hpcBay THIS ONCE.

Please be aware that I'm not going to put up with the OT forum being used as a for-sale resource.
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-09-19 2:15 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sorry. I wasn't sure whether or not Psion is considered to be a H/PC. Now I know Thanks!

Cheers
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-09-19 5:29 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

H/S, sorry to be off topic, but that may be an easy fix: there's a little piece of plastic which holds the hinge spring in place - sounds like it's missing or just disconnected...
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2006-09-22 3:46 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'll see if I can fix it. Tnx

The Psion is still for sale I'm also willing to trade..

Cheers
SainT

Edited by Half-Saint 2006-09-22 3:49 AM
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-09-22 4:18 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

There's good detailed instructions on how to disassemble on this page: http://netti.nic.fi/~jmietti/pda/psion5rep1.htm
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11