x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Best Wireless For Jornada 680e

1 2 3
mi-oldradios
mi-oldradios Page Icon Posted 2005-03-25 6:21 PM
#
Take the 4 screws that attach the bottom on that J 680 and you will uncover the CF slot. I just got a Viking brand 256MB CF card for $9.00 after rebate from Tiger direct. Just a little info on wifi too. I also picked a "enterasys 16bit" wifi card on fleabay CE driver online and works well with my home network. $17.00 plus ship on the bay.
FWIW
JEP
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-25 9:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Darus77 - 2005-03-14 10:08 PM

i see you recommended an orinoco 802.11 B GOLD (classic card). is that a 8420-wd or a 8410-wd, and does anyone know the difference between the two?

i think it's 8410-wd.

8420 seems to be a cardbus (googled that...). that's the wrong card!

Edited by cmonex 2005-03-25 9:22 PM
 Top of the page
SteveR Page Icon Posted 2005-03-25 9:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have the OriNOCO 8420-WD card and it is 16-bit and fully compatible with HPC Professional. So far, it has been a good little card...got it on eBay for $10 plus S&H
 Top of the page
Chong's
Chong's Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 4:13 AM
#
It should have 5 screws

BTW, I come up with some interest thing with it.

Microsoft said that it is no able to creat a partnership to the PC with out Infrared or com or usb cable or....bt or whatever, that make me in some trouble because of my laptop, a slim laptop without com port, irfrared port. I do not want to buy a USB->Com or USB to infrared port, so I searched for the internet to find a soultion for it. Unfortually, it seems no one try that before, so I think I have to work on my own... Hopefully, I have a desktop with com port.

After I installed the activesync on my destop, I creat a partnership with the hpc with a com port. Then I install that program on my laptop. I then copy the related files and registers
(the folder,C:\Documents and Settings\_________\Application Data\Microsoft\ActiveSync\*.*
and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services and
HKEY_USERS\#############-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services)

After copied the folder in the correct directory and did some corrections for the registers, I can do the sync with the laptop via wi-fi!!!

COOL.
 Top of the page
Chong's
Chong's Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 4:21 AM
#
By the ways, I am using RoamAbout wireless card. It seems it works fine.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 2:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Chong, yes this is possible for you to manipulate the registry settings around to create your own host and remote side partnership and sync.

It can however cause problems with ActiveSync Outlook PIM sync, so I have never documented it. You may also find that ActiveSync perpetually receives an "Unresolved items" error, this is down to the profile cache not existing for your spoofed partnership.
 Top of the page
T. Melcher
T. Melcher Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 2:54 PM
#
lex - 2005-02-20 6:11 AM

best wifi card for my 680e is still orinoco 802.11 B GOLD (classic card) from luccent it runs perfectly it has power saving support and wireless profiles it's a great card and it's quite cheap

Hello Lex,

If you are using the Gold Classic Card with no issues on the 680e, then the 32 bit card bus interface must not be an issue. I will purchase the 8410-WD card for my 680e and hope it works just fine.

This is info for the card on JR.com
ORINOCO 802.11b Classic Gold PC WiFi Adapter Card 8410-WD
Proxim 11Mbps Wireless Classic Gold PC Card / Fits Type II PCMCIA Notebook Slot / 128-Bit WEP Security / WiFi Compliant

Please email at <tmelcher@triad.rr.com> for any sugestions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 5:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

but you cannot use a 32 bit card in a hpc!
 Top of the page
Tom Melcher
Tom Melcher Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 9:55 PM
#
cmonex - 2005-04-09 5:56 PM

but you cannot use a 32 bit card in a hpc!

You are correct as far as everything I have read. There are posts and information from others stating they are using both the 8410-WD Orinoco "Classic Gold" card and the 8420-WD (16bit) Orinoco "Gold" Card.

I believe I will now order the 8420-WD because it is identified as a 16 bit card, and others on hpcfactor state they are using without any problems.

It sure gets frustrating when you have to seperate fact from fiction, and people post information that is lacking details.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Top of the page
Idoru Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 1:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Tom Melcher - 2005-04-12 9:55 PM

It sure gets frustrating when you have to seperate fact from fiction, and people post information that is lacking details.

Here's my facts, hope this helps. I received my 8410-WD wifi card in the mail this evening. I installed the Agere Wireless WinCE Driver and Tools "v7.82 build 881" for "Windows CE 211" on my 680e and then plugged in the card. The card immediately found the driver on it's own and started scanning. It associated with an open access point and I was surfing the web in less than 2 minutes. It was totally painless. Having wifi enabled on the 680e has immeasurably increased it's value to me. (Taking off the false bottom cover and using the hidden CF slot comes in a close second. )

Top of the page
Jim Hurt
Jim Hurt Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 1:24 PM
#
Hello:

I have a 680e. (No CF card in back) Are you saying you could open up a 680e and install one? Wow?
What other tweeks do you have?
I need help on gettting a PCMCIA modem to work. Any help there?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 3:27 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

The 680/680e already have a CF slot, there are step by step directions on one of the threads (on this site) on how to remove the false bottom and expose the CF slot. I think it is on the "questions about the Jornada 680e thread"

Edited by Yoldering 2005-04-18 3:31 PM
 Top of the page
R KAPOOR
R KAPOOR Page Icon Posted 2005-05-18 7:52 AM
#
Thanks for the tip. Ordered Orinoko 8410 classic gold card from CDW Canada.Within minutes my wireless internet was on by using wince 2.11 drivers on the CDRom. My jornada 680e is doing wonders.
 Top of the page
bmk789
bmk789 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-03 10:40 AM
#
Has anyone used wifi with the Jornada 680e? Does it give you the options you need to find networks and logon? Is it best to use CF or PCMCIA?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-03 11:02 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you really should read back... the post above you just said how wonderful his jornada 680e was with a wlan card...
cf uses less power but it usually has a slightly worse range. my wlan card is cf and it works OK.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.230 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11