x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

mp 770 don't charge

kaboca75
kaboca75 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-20 3:40 AM
#
I have an enormous problem. I can't charge my mp 770 since last week. The battery is discharged, and the LED blinks green instead of having a continous red lightm, when I plug in the cable. After 2-3 minutes the part around the cable connector on the hpc becomes warm. I think this could be the and of a beautiful friendship....or could someone help me, where to find an electrical schema of this machine ? How could I fix this problem ?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-09-20 4:27 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

szia! (if you're the kaboca75 from HU)
now this sounds really sad

possible solutions... charge it externally (is there an external charger for these? MP900 does have one) or get a new 770
 Top of the page
oliverredfox Page Icon Posted 2006-09-20 5:06 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

One solution is to get the AA battery pack for it. Then you can use cheap rechargable AA batteries. Most modern NiMH AA batteries will give you as good of battery life as the orginal battery pack. It uses 5 or 6 (I can't remember the exact number) AA batteries. I used to have one but I gave it a friend for his Mobilepro.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-09-20 6:15 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Try another battery since that one won't charge. Hopefully it is just a bad cell and not your charging circuitry on the 770. I'd also quit trying to charge it and let the unit rest. It really shouldn't make any difference, but you never know these days as the equipment ages...and as you said, it gets suspiciously warm...

Rich
 Top of the page
jmgunzel Page Icon Posted 2006-09-20 12:48 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I've posted this repost before, but I actually went through it once and was satisfied.

It's how to "rebuild" the battery. Even if that's not what you wanna do, you may find some guidance to diagnose your exact problem. (Such as determining that it IS the battery or that it IS NOT the battery!

http://hpcnec.com/scgi-bin/simpleforum.cgi?fid=08&topic_id=1147637885
 Top of the page
kaboca75 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-22 12:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank You for the tips, but it was because of the faulty circuit. MY father in law has fixed it, and now it works very well, it charges up the battery to 100 %.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 12