x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

680e modem no dial tone

olszemt Page Icon Posted 2005-02-15 6:08 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello all,

I just found the site, what a mountain of info. Anyway. I recently purchased a 680e with flash card and pcmcia slot. I purchased a us robotics 3com v.90 modem card which was suggested to me by hp tech support. After following the manuals instructions and hp tech support instructions, I am still unable to get a dial tone.
I know the phone line is good because I tried a Sharp Mobilon and I received a tone. Do I need drivers for this card. It came with a cd but no drivers for windows ce.

Any help would be appreciated. I itching to use this thing online.

Thanks

Mark
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-15 6:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Welcome to the forums, I'm glad you like out little corner of the Internet.

The card should not require any drivers as a standard Hayes modem.

When you put it in is the modem appearing in the drop down list when you create the Remote Networking Dial-up connection.

Also I recommend that you try it in a laptop PC as well just to be sure that the card / cable are not causing you issues.
 Top of the page
olszemt Page Icon Posted 2005-02-17 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for the response,

When I insert the modem in the pc card slot, a message "unrecognizable card in slot one" appears. And it does not show up in the pull-down. There are still only two options. the Hayes compatible and infra red.

Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-17 5:35 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Not driver name prompt at all?

If not, I would think that the card has been damaged / hasn't had it's PnP ID entered correctly when it was flashed.

If you do get a driver name prompt type:
unimodem.dll, tap ok and after a few seconds soft reset.
 Top of the page
olszemt Page Icon Posted 2005-02-28 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I typed in "unimodem.dll and did a soft reboot. It still came back with "unknown card in socket one." I placed the same card in my laptop and it was recognized right away with manufacturer and model number. Could it be that I have a damaged 680e?

Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-28 5:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you have another PC Card you can test with, and you see the same error. Then yes you may well do.
 Top of the page
olszemt Page Icon Posted 2005-02-28 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Should this card "3com us robotics 56k v.90 card work with my 680e. I just received an email from us robotics saying that they do not make a driver for windows ce. But HP said that this card should work.

Mark
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-28 5:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Any hayes AT compatible modem *should* work, as it is just responding to the same AT command subset.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9