x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 error 678

[Frozen]
1 2 3
Frozen
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-09-22 12:14 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
HPCFactor has excellent documentation on synching wirelessly. Well worth the time to pore over and experiment with. You've done the hard part, you've created a partnership. Wireless's hassle-free speed is far superior to even USB.

Jake
 Top of the page
nada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-23 10:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

After a whole day trying to troubleshoot the 678 error, I'm definetely thrilled to find the topic here!
I'm not the only one lost in the stormy sea. I also tried most of the suggested fixes mentioned,(no serial port though)
also suspected the bad connection between the cradle and the 720, but don't see anything suspicious on the pins.
And I don't even own a laptop with IrDA
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-23 10:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

nada720 - 2006-09-23 8:28 PM
no serial port though

So, do you mean you are trying to connect via USB? Also, this should help on alternative sync methods... http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=133
 Top of the page
moises Page Icon Posted 2006-09-23 11:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi there folks! I also had that same syncing problem. I was about to return the unit to buy.com but decided to KEEP it after i got it to work w/ my pc via usb. Here's what i did. 1) I made sure no pins were in the stuck down position. 2) over time pins accumulate residue from polluted air i.e smoke, breath, moisture, etc, so take a cotton swab dipped in a little alcohol and clean around and inbetwwen those gold pins. 3) uninstall all versions of activesync ! 4) make sure the 720 ain't connected to the pc. 5) install activesync 6) when the dialog box opens asking to get connected close it 7) install the same version of activesync again WITHOUT UNINSTALLING the one you just installed, in other words you'll have TWO ACTIVESYNCS installed on your pc. 8) click get connected AND AT THE SAME TIME plug the usb cable into the dock and PRESTO! YOU SHOULD ATTAIN A MUCH DESERVED PARTNERSHIP!! It worked for me anyway, I hope it works for you.
 Top of the page
nada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-23 11:57 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

To Tenjeangosi, yes, only USB cable

To, moises. I followed ur instruction step by step, cleaned pins with alcohol, uninstalled then installed twice (always has a long halt at 92%, but OEM## are not size 0 anymore under C:\Windows\INF\ except the first time today), connect the 720 to PC and try get connected at the same time. I got "USB Device Not Recognized: one of the USB Devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it"
Click the messenge bring me to the "Unknown device", then troublshooting, No driver are installed for this device,
without doing anything i suddenly see the right corner shows "new hardware found, ready to use" then i went to explorer found "mobile device" and synchronize partner wizard showed up, i choose files and inbox to be synched,
then error "synchronize can not started now since PC can't access certain file" then disconnected again.
Well, I am one step closer to get there, thanks.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 4:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

nada720 - 2006-09-23 7:28 PM

You can use a USB IrDA dongle. They're easy to find, and run about $15-20.
 Top of the page
nada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 10:52 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll keep my eye on next available USB IrDA deals,
Now my USB cable seems can be connected most of time, i got some Words and Excel doc synchronized, now I need to find a software which can read PDF which will be the most important feature for me.

CE Geek - 2006-09-24 4:10 AM

nada720 - 2006-09-23 7:28 PM

You can use a USB IrDA dongle. They're easy to find, and run about $15-20.
 Top of the page
iliesse Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 1:12 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

If you have a Wifi card, you can sync with wifi. After installing the free program Pocket Host everything worked fine
 Top of the page
moises Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 3:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok , you're on the right track. this time INSTEAD of doing the stuff from before, do this: 1) remove BOTH copies of activesync 2) reinstall only one this time 3) reboot your pc 4) DON'T start up activesync 5) plug in the usb cable into the docked unit, now PRESTO! a partnership. IF that doesn't work then repeat all the steps on THIS reply and try 1) a red button reboot 2) plug in the usb to the unit 3) sync from the jornada side------->>> go to start>programs>communications>activesync, now ( cross your fingers, baby) WHAMO! a partnership!! If that didn't do it, well then believe me i KNOWWWWWWW your frustrated, so was i, just keep on trying, everyones experiences are different.
 Top of the page
nada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 4:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks a lot, moises,
I believe the drink of the bit of acolhol to the cradle pin did the magic,
now I don't have problem most of time to connect with USB cable.
I even did install two ActiveSyn before your suggestion.

I have two wifi cards, one Belkin 11MB/s another Buffalo 54MB/s,
plugged in, none shows power on signal, need to do more research
on how to get that connected.

Edited by nada720 2006-09-24 4:21 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 4:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

nada720 - 2006-09-24 2:01 PM

I have two wifi cards, one Belkin 11MB/s another Buffulo 54MB/s,

Did you check the HCL for drivers?
 Top of the page
nada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 4:17 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

what's HCL stands for? sorry, I am new here.
I haven't installed any drive yet, but i though at least the power should have sign even without driver recognization.

tenjeangosi - 2006-09-24 4:08 PM

nada720 - 2006-09-24 2:01 PM

I have two wifi cards, one Belkin 11MB/s another Buffulo 54MB/s,

Did you check the HCL for drivers?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 5:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hardware Compatibility List. The link is on the upper left-hand side of the home page: "Hardware & Accessories."

The Buffalo card won't work. Windows CE 3.0 only supports 11 Mb/sec (802.11b).
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 6:03 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

What model is your Belkin Card, nada720? Perhaps it will work with your device..
 Top of the page
nada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 6:20 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Oops, mine seems to be the Belkin model F5D6020 Ver 3 (802.11b), which is XXXXX all the way
http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/search.asp?mstrcat=6&hclq=belkin&discok=1&submit.x=16&submit.y=10
no wonder, gotta check with some friends if they have leftover of old tech before I go ebay, unless you know better place to get a cheap working one.
Thanks, tenjeangosi and CE Geek
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12