x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 error 678

[Frozen]
1 2 3
Frozen
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-09-24 7:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You'll find lots of good cards cheap on eBay that will work just fine.
 Top of the page
mbj720 Page Icon Posted 2006-09-25 2:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Update: By checking the cradle pins (one loose) and installing AS twice (per moises), I managed to get USB partnership with both my laptop (Win XP Pro SP2) and desktop PC (Win 2000 SP4). AS was installed twice at the same directory, as installer did not ask me where to put it the second time. I'm really not sure what of all of these changes helped, but the cradle now registers with the Device Manager as HP USB Sync, under Windows CE USB Devices (not under Universal Serial Bus controllers).
However, connection with serial sync cable still is not working (neither from the cradle nor directly from the unit). Neither Ethernet sync, where Jornada 720 reports: "PC contacted. Locating connection agent. Please wait..." but nothing happens (I shutdown firewall/anti-virus). I've set a static IP address in Jornada's registry, per an article on this site. I can ping Jornada from my PCs.
I mostly have to use Programs/Communication/ActiveSync on the unit to initialize the partnership/sync.
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-10-26 6:59 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just read this whole thread, so I don't recall who, but someone recommended sync-ing via ethernet. In order to do this, you must first establish a partnership via serial/USB (or irDA, it appears). I believe this is covered in the Support section, but I can't recall for sure.
 Top of the page
mbj720 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-26 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've tried every recommendation I could find on this and some other sites regarding synching via Ethernet, but nothing worked. It must be something with my router or (most likely) my PCs, that I still don't know how to figure out. I can ping the Jornada from the PCs, but vice versa is not working. In the meantime I'm using Total Commander to transfer files from the PC over IR port, so I do software installs using CAB files.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-26 7:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if you cant ping the pc from the jornada but can ping jornada from pc maybe you didnt shutdown windows' own firewall? sorry just a suggestion
 Top of the page
baskard
baskard Page Icon Posted 2006-10-27 5:24 PM
#
Did you try ActiveSync 4.5 Beta2? You can find the link to this software in hpcfactor. It worked for me. It solved my error 678 when trying to sync with Activesync 3.8. It works like Charm.
 Top of the page
mbj720 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-27 9:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Network Connection (WiF)i sync is working now (with both of my PCs):
1. Used Pocket Hosts utility on J720 to map host names to IP addresses
2. Unchecked "Net Firewall Service" in Network Connection Properties on the Win XP SP2 PC (and "Net Firewall" on Win 2000 Pro SP4 PC) - THIS WAS THE PROBLEM !
3. Used Start/Programs/Communication/ActiveSync on J720 to initiate the connection

Windows Firewall on the PCs were/are off, so that was not the problem. Neither were ZoneLabs and router.

Problem with having "Net Firewall Service" off is that my VPN client (AT&T Global Network Client) does not work at that time.

Sync with the serial cable is still not working, but will try with the newer AS (use 3.8 now)....
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-04 8:39 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Half-Saint - 2006-09-21 6:26 PM

To be honest, I never tried anything else except IrDA. I was able to make this one work but I'd love to have USB simply because it's faster. Have to pull out the docking station and see if it works.

hi do you remember how i can connect with irda? i'm trying but the error remains... the pages linked here on hp site are expired
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11